article thumbnail

Are Associations Losing Their Members’ Trust?—The Leadership ColLAB Explores This Critical Question

.orgSource

Is it possible that your community has doubts about the organization’s credibility? The Leadership ColLAB conference was an opportunity to bring professionals together around what we believe is a critical question. The World Café is a strategy designed to deeply explore a series of topical questions. Could the issue be trust?

article thumbnail

Investigating and Improving the Questions You Ask Grantees

sgEngage

Over the years, we noticed that excellence in the sector was evolving, but our questions felt like they were behind the curve. The winning organizations were consistently exhibiting interesting characteristics, but we weren’t asking questions targeted at those characteristics. We needed to change up our questions. Take it out.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Leading with Reflection: New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Daily Walking Reflection I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions because they don’t offer an opportunity for reflection. For over thirty years, I have integrated “reflection rituals” in my professional work on a daily, weekly, quarterly, and annually basis. I call it my “To Do, To Done, Don’t Do, Reflection List.“

article thumbnail

Salesforce.org CEO Rob Acker’s Year-End Reflections

Saleforce Nonprofit

But if any community can continuously find ways around, over, and through these hurdles, it’s this one. At the end of last year, I reflected on the idea of resilience. For me, it starts with a smile, empathy, asking questions, and active listening. It may sound simple, and it is.

article thumbnail

Empowering Community Voices: The Strategic Advantage of Nonprofit Advisory Committees

Blue Avocado

As a nonprofit leader, you likely want to do your best to ensure that the voices and experiences of the communities you serve are represented in your work. Instead, they serve as partners in your work, representing the community you serve and even boosting the productivity of your workforce.

Voice 88
article thumbnail

5 Common Questions About Calculating Your Nonprofit’s Indirect Cost Rates

sgEngage

Below are five frequently asked questions related to indirect costs to help organizations identify how to calculate and allocate indirect costs. For example, Colleen is a program director at the local community center that offers senior programs and afterschool programs for youth. What is the ideal indirect cost rate for a nonprofit?

Rate 84
article thumbnail

Top Interview Questions For Hiring a Major Gifts Officer

Allegiance Group

The MGO is a big deal because it requires a unique skill set: A love for people A genuine dedication to your cause A good storyteller (and ‘question asker’!) But not all of these may be immediately on display when you’re interviewing someone – so you have to ask the right questions to find out! How would you move forward?

Gift 52