Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Roles Remove Skills
article thumbnail

Boost Your Career by Leveling Up Your Analytics Skills

Association Analytics

Having this knowledge not only makes you better in your current role, but it will also help significantly when advancement opportunities arise. The more data and analytics skills you have, the more valuable you are to any organization and the more successful you’ll be in advancing your career. Are you in marketing? Membership?

Analytics 321
article thumbnail

Going Beyond the Dollar: The Community Leadership Role of Foundations

sgEngage

Foundations play a crucial role in supporting nonprofit organizations and driving positive change within communities. By embracing a community leadership role, foundations can amplify their impact and empower grantees to achieve long-term, sustainable success.

Roles 75
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Build a Mission-Worthy Team

.orgSource

Bell’s work will play a large role in their success. In our models, we assume that astronauts are intelligent, that they’re experts in their technical areas, and that they have at least some teamwork skills. Hiring for skill is easy. There are role-playing exercises, and the final activity is a cultural fit session.

Team 221
article thumbnail

Youth community service: Belonging, reciprocity, and agency 

Candid

How do young people today see their role in making the world a better place, and what are the implications for the social sector? As with previous research, the survey found that youth who volunteered reported gains in leadership skills (77%), career readiness (70%), and a sense of belonging (67%). reported for “informal helping.”

Service 119
article thumbnail

The Role of Volunteerism in a DEI Strategy

sgEngage

Creating Meaningful Experiences There is no doubt that volunteering is good for us as individuals, important for our local communities, and impactful for our global society. Yet, what we sometimes overlook is the opportunity to collaborate with our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) colleagues on an integrated strategy and approach.

Roles 88
article thumbnail

How Grantmakers Can Improve Collaboration Through Empathy and Experimentation

sgEngage

Also, most of the foundations I talked to found it difficult to collaborate with other foundations. From this learning, I was left with the question, “How can collaborations thrive when everyone feels that they are “unique”? The key, I’ve found, is approaching collaboration with empathy and testing your assumptions.

article thumbnail

Leadership’s Biggest Perk—Giving Others a Boost

.orgSource

How can we support women, people of color, and other minorities in achieving leadership roles? Positioning for Success in an Era of Disruption , she explained her commitment to skill-building like this. “My Winton also notes that this skill-based, collaborative model is the way millennials prefer to work.

Mentoring 251