article thumbnail

Curtis Memorial Library: A Tradition of Local Support

DipJar

Joyce is the development and marketing manager for the library, which serves both Brunswick and the smaller community of Harpswell. Not a librarian by training, she started her career in public relations before moving into nonprofits. Laptops and hotspots were offered. More power stations and a laptop bar. The solution?

Library 98
article thumbnail

Of Mice and Men and Laptops (A Kind of Buyer's Guide)

NTEN

I was trying to count the number of laptop models for sale at Best Buy, all the while avoiding the glance of any of the eleven sales associates (AKA "Blue Shirts") that hovered around the computer displays. That's how many different laptops there were on display at my local Best Buy (not counting the Pommes de Cher ).

Laptop 66
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Libraries pivot to survive pandemic

Candid

During COVID-19, libraries across the country have had to re-imagine themselves so they can continue fueling imaginations and serving communities. Bridging the digital divide has become essential during the pandemic as many communities, particularly rural ones, do not have sufficient access to Wi-Fi or computers for students.

Library 98
article thumbnail

5 Community Needs That Companies Can Impact Now

Connection Cafe

Since the crisis began, the Association of Corporation Citizenship Professionals (ACCP) has supported hundreds of companies in their effort to effectively deploy their human and financial resources to help those that are most vulnerable in communities. The massive shifts in the food supply chain are further devastating communities.

article thumbnail

Tech Planning Outcome: More Tech Choices at Grand Rapids Community Foundation

Tech Soup

I remember the day my boss set my first laptop on my desk. "I think it's time we replaced your laptop. Tech Planning Success at Grand Rapids Community Foundation. I had no idea I was getting a new computer. "Here you go," he said. "I thought you could use this." Check it out!

Tech 36
article thumbnail

Congrats to Megha Bhagat, Winner of HP Laptop/Printer Bundle Theory of Change Contest

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Congrats to Megha Bhagat , Winner of HP Laptop/Printer Bundle Contest that I ran on my blog last month. Today i use it effectively with maybe another handful of lawyers spread over the country who communicate via mails and help in their own small ways. Her blog is here.

Contest 76
article thumbnail

ITWorks: Changing Lives In 16 Weeks

TechImpact

Tech Impact’s ITWorks is a free and demanding 16-week IT training program that is working to permanently change the lives of young adults. Students, not only, earn a higher income, but are imbued them with greater confidence, leadership skills and are effectively bolstering the nonprofit community. Donate this. Donate this.

Change 114