article thumbnail

[Breaking News] An Extraordinary Funding Opportunity For Nonprofits To Preserve Local Journalism

Bloomerang

Nonprofits focused on the preservation of local journalism are being called to step up, and many of the country’s largest private foundations have announced $500 million in funding over five years to support them, an extraordinary initiative called Press Forward. What’s the problem? Press Forward seeks to stop and reverse that trend.

Journal 90
article thumbnail

How Nonprofits Can Leverage Organic Social Media to Increase Fundraising

Nonprofit Tech for Good

In this environment, building a community of loyal advocates for your cause is more important than ever before. While paid ads and steeply-priced lead lists may deliver short-term results, long-term donor relationships are built on trust and community. Ready to meet (and exceed) your 2024 fundraising goals?

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On The Environment And Conservation Efforts

Kindful

Today’s funder list focuses on nonprofits supporting the environment and conservation efforts. See if any of these funders serve your community and if you qualify for funding. Funding Priority: The Environment and Conservation Efforts. The New England Grassroots Environment Fund. Oregon Community Foundation.

article thumbnail

The Just Transition Fund and Philanthropic Partners Announce $100M Campaign To Support Hard-Hit Energy Communities

NonProfit PRO

The Just Transition Fund launched a nationwide initiative to drive philanthropic investments for transitioning energy communities over the next three years. The new campaign will help build the capacity of local organizations impacted by power plant and mine closures to access federal resources.

Fund 130
article thumbnail

Going Beyond the Dollar: The Community Leadership Role of Foundations

sgEngage

Foundations play a crucial role in supporting nonprofit organizations and driving positive change within communities. By embracing a community leadership role, foundations can amplify their impact and empower grantees to achieve long-term, sustainable success.

Roles 73
article thumbnail

Connecting with Black History Through Community and Nature

Saleforce Nonprofit

The first post I wrote in 2009 was about a perspective-shifting trip I had taken with a local bike group of people who mostly looked like me. Our participants were hungry for leadership experiences, so we formalized a network to train people to become welcoming outdoor leaders in their own community.

History 116
article thumbnail

Why Community Climate Action is Critical to Global Action

Saleforce Nonprofit

We invited WEF attendees to take a break from the hustle and bustle by going on a guided walking tour where they would hear from students and activists about their sustainability journeys at several stops connected to climate action, on both a global and a community level. About the Author.

Action 52