Remove Accessibility Remove Community Remove Empowerment Remove Question
article thumbnail

10 Questions …. Kate Behncken, global head, Microsoft Philanthropies

The NonProfit Times

I love getting out and about and meeting nonprofit partners and leaders around the world — the changemakers who are helping people and communities in so many different ways — and getting more local context. It’s certainly been an unusually busy start to the year, but energizing. How are corporate goals aligned with philanthropy?

article thumbnail

An Evolution of Evaluation in Grantmaking With a Participatory Lens

sgEngage

But is this the right question? The data collected is usually owned by the grantmaker, not questioned, and not shared back with the grantee or any larger community. For issues with this, check out Vu Le’s 2015 post “ Weaponized data: How the obsession with data has been hurting marginalized communities.”

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

“Black & Proud”

M+R

It’s a spin on James Brown’s 1968 hit, “Say It Loud (I’m Black and I’m Proud),” which became an unofficial anthem of the Civil Rights movement; but, in its current context, is focused on the pride associated with also identifying as a member of the LGBTQIA community. Say, “Black.” Say it loudly. Say it proudly.

Florida 89
article thumbnail

7 Ways Nimble AMS Sets up Customers for Success

Nimble AMS

Let me explain: At Nimble AMS, we have a unique approach to client support that goes beyond answering questions and fixing things to truly setting up our customers for success. We also have direct access to the Product and Implementation teams, and we know where to go and who to ask for anything we don’t know the answer to. .

article thumbnail

Grow Your Community #NPTechChat: Challenges, Opportunities

Tech Soup

Around the world, organizations face unique challenges when mobilizing their constituents and growing online communities, whether for a cause, an issue, an organization's mission, or a combination thereof. How should organizations harness their online communities? What are examples of effective community engagement?

article thumbnail

Do Capacity Building Programs Help Nonprofits Achieve Better Results?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Her answer to the question about capacity building programs leading to better impact will surprise you. I dug into the link between the wider theories of capacity development and building strong, resilient nonprofit organizations capable of achieving impact in their communities and on the issues they tackle every day.

Results 94
article thumbnail

On the Future of Braille: Thoughts by Radical Braille Advocates

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

As organizations,” Osborne said, “we must liberate spending to focus on the promotion, learning and innovation around braille,” and recognize that we ought to embrace today’s changing economics and technology so that braille can be part of an equation which delivers access to information for all, not just to those who can afford it.

Literacy 208