article thumbnail

Youth community service: Belonging, reciprocity, and agency 

Candid

How do young people today see their role in making the world a better place, and what are the implications for the social sector? Under this inclusive definition, 70% of respondents said they participated in service on a monthly basis—more than twice the 23% to 28% in studies with narrower definitions and the 33.8%

Service 119
article thumbnail

So you’ve defined “BIPOC-led”…but how will you measure it?

Candid

Last December, I wrote about the surprisingly complex challenge of aligning on a conceptual definition of BIPOC-led (BIPOC stands for Black, Indigenous and People of Color). I hope my previous blog offered a starting point for further discussion and crystallization of your definition of BIPOC-led. Community members?).

Measure 98
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

In Defense of Community Managers

Amy Sample Ward

There are definitely times when community building and even campaigning or organizing feels just like that! I wanted to share the short “defense&# of Community Managers that I wrote to get your feedback as well as to gather your ideas, examples and so on of why Community Managers are important to our work!

Community 198
article thumbnail

Rethinking Recruitment and Retention Goals

VQ Strategies

Successful recruitment could include the number or percent of: Positions or “slots” filled New volunteers Returning volunteers Qualified candidates Volunteers who represent or are from the communities being served Current volunteers who step up for “more” or different roles. What else is part of your recruitment success story?

article thumbnail

Charlotte Rescue Mission Loves VolunteerHub’s Dedication to Client Support

Volunteer Hub

Director of Community Engagement for Charlotte Rescue Mission, to learn more about the organization’s initiatives, and their utilization of our software. Can you tell me more about Charlotte Rescue Mission and your role within the organization? What has been your impact within the community?

article thumbnail

Attracting Skill-Based Volunteers: 5 Essential Tips for Recruiting Top Talent

Volunteer Hub

The demand for skill-based volunteers (SBVs) to fill organizational roles within the nonprofit sector is growing in significance. Skill-based volunteerism defined By definition, skill-based volunteerism is the process of volunteers contributing their expertise to directly support the operations of a nonprofit.

Skills 97
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Creative Ways People Contribute to Community

Bloomerang

Lindsay Simonds will decode the top five most impactful ways people contribute to communities. By understanding core motivations, intentions, perspectives reflected in this webinar, you will be able to build a stronger case for support, increase the impact you have, and gain strategies for creating and preserving community.

People 76