article thumbnail

From Prospective Student to Active Alum—Engagement Fosters Lifelong Support

sgEngage

Engaged student and alum supporter: My daughter gets very excited when she hears talk about the university she attended. That’s because her school did a great job of engaging her while she was still a student. Engaged student and alum turned non-supporter: My husband used to be very engaged with his university.

Student 71
article thumbnail

Receiving the 2011 CASE Award for Enterprising Social Innovation

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

As part of receiving the ESI Award, I was thrilled to deliver the 2011 Annual ESI Lecture and to meet the Fuqua School’s community. CASE offers a tremendous program for MBA students and alumni interested in applying their business skills for social purposes.

Award 154
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Helpful Ways to Measure and Optimize Your Nonprofit’s Performance

sgEngage

For instance, a well-connected, extroverted donor might like the opportunity to sponsor a lecture series or a group tour. Without a clear understanding and representation of your outcomes, it can be hard to secure funding or make improvements to better serve your community. Outcomes : The effect of an activity on your mission.

Measure 88
article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Slacktivism, the gateway to change?

Amy Sample Ward

I recently did a guest lecture at The New School on the topic, I’ve had countless conversations with colleagues and friends, and I’ve been capturing ideas and questions to myself on scraps of paper everywhere. My guest lecture notes cover the first point, and today I want to share a few ideas about slacktivism as a gateway to change.

Change 194
article thumbnail

The Sit-Ins: A Story of Creative and Strategic Struggle

DipJar

recognized these sit-ins as an “electrifying movement of Negro students [that] shattered the placid surface of campuses and communities across the South.” . Museum programming, which included films and lectures, was also moved online. The $10 contribution funds a free student admission and is the most popular amount.

Story 98
article thumbnail

From Prospective Student to Active Alumni: Engagement Fosters Lifelong Support

Connection Cafe

Engaged current student and future alumni supporter : My daughter gets very excited when she hears talk about the university she’s attending. That’s because her university has done a great job of engaging her while she’s still a student. Engaged student and alumni turned non-supporter : . She will be one of the 26.3%

Student 21
article thumbnail

Digital Analytics Basics: Free Online Academy from Google

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

They are also working on software that uses this approach in the classroom and takes the passivity and lectures out of classroom instruction. In the 60 minutes piece, it is referred to the flipped classroom or peer instruction a mindset that directs attention away from teachers and puts it squarely on the students and their learning.

Analytics 106