article thumbnail

LGBTQ+ advocacy strategies to generate advocates year-round

EveryAction

While there’s often increased attention on issues affecting the community during Pride month, meaningful and lasting change happens when advocacy happens year-round. That’s why advocacy organizations and activists organizing their local communities toward action can be such a useful way to drive positive change on LGBTQ+ issues.

Advocacy 199
article thumbnail

Be a Mentor, Thank a Mentor During National Mentoring Month

Saleforce Nonprofit

Each January, National Mentoring Month celebrates the people who guide our paths, support our journeys, inspire our next steps: mentors. He saw more promise in me than I, at that time, saw in myself — a young brown girl from a rural community. January is National Mentoring Month. A good mentor hopes you will move on.

Mentoring 106
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Funding And Grant Resources For Nonprofits Serving The LGBTQ+ Community

Bloomerang

Pride Month is a great time to celebrate and reflect on the work activists and nonprofit organizations are doing to support the LGBTQ+ community. With that in mind, I wanted to share a list of funding and grant resources available for nonprofits serving that community. The Vermont Community Foundation. New York Foundation.

Grant 119
article thumbnail

Five Nonprofit Online Communities that Inspire Action & Generate Results

NTEN

These five examples of nonprofit communities show the diversity of options and ideas for engaging people around a mission. Creating an online community to mobilize your supporters and further your nonprofit''s mission might seem like a big task. Michael Wilson. CEO & Founder. Small World Labs. What to do? Where to start?

Community 100
article thumbnail

How to Enhance Your Nonprofit’s Written Content with Artificial Intelligence

Nonprofit Tech for Good

It is trained on a massive dataset of text and code, and it can generate text, translate languages, write different kinds of creative content, and answer your questions in an informative way. Google’s Bard is a generative language model from Google AI, trained on a massive dataset of text and code.

Content 352
article thumbnail

COVID-related National Service cannot just be gap year for privileged youth

ASU Lodestar Center

America has a long and rich history of national service, often turning to it as a powerful lever in times of crisis, as it did after 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and the Great Recession of 2008. Thankfully, this pandemic will likely inspire a new wave of national service. Now should be no different.

article thumbnail

International Leadership, Women’s Issues, and Branding—A Conversation With Allison K. Summers, CAE

.orgSource

An expert on branding startups, executive leadership, governance, and more, Allison has deep roots in the association community. million community members have been reached with information, skills, and services. When each board member is a different nationality, everyone arrives at the table with their own cultural expectations.