Remove Children Remove Community Remove Homeless Remove Local
article thumbnail

Grants for Homeless Shelters: Where and How to Apply

Qgiv

Homelessness is a significant problem in the United States. According to the National Alliance to End Homelessness’ 2021 State of Homelessness report , there were 580,466 people in the United States who were experiencing homelessness in 2020, 30% of which were families with children. Private foundations.

article thumbnail

Resources to Help Those Impacted By Hurricane Ian

Blue Fox

We stand with our team and our community to do whatever we can to help. Natural disasters rightfully take our focus when they hit, but that tends to pull focuses from the causes in our communities that rely on fundraising for general support. The devastation we see from Hurricane Ian's destructive path is hard to process.

Hurricane 117
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Giving Trends in Kenya: How the Growth of Mobile Payments Are Transforming Community Giving

Nonprofit Tech for Good

In the local context, Kenyan’s give an extremely high proportion of their earnings as donations (cc. However, this type of community giving (known as Harambee in Kiswahili) usually goes towards individuals rather than organisations, common examples include medical bills, funeral costs & weddings. 83% regularly vote.

Kenya 197
article thumbnail

22 Statistics About #GivingTuesday Donors Worldwide

Nonprofit Tech for Good

5) The causes that donors give to on GivingTuesday: Hunger and homelessness – 13%. Children and youth – 10%. Community development – 3%. 14) 96% regularly vote in local and national elections and 37% donate to political campaigns. Latin America and the Caribbean – 9%. Women and girls – 4%.

article thumbnail

[ASK AN EXPERT] Can I Apply Simultaneously For A Corporate Grant And Sponsorship?

Bloomerang

Rather, you’re seeking critical investment in work that will make your community and world a better place. At one point in time, enacting their value to address homelessness in your area may translate to grants to homeless shelters. The Marketing or Community Relations Department has business and branding objectives.

Grant 111
article thumbnail

Kids and Philanthropy: Teaching Your Children To Be Charitable

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’ve been volunteering for community causes since I was a kid, something my family encouraged. ” She said she wanted to give money to an organization that helped homeless families. I introduced her to my colleague, Mark Horvath’s organization, Invisible People , and we donated. Children for Children Foundation.

Children 126
article thumbnail

Help Hurricane Harvey Victims: Where To Donate #HoustonStrong

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

When a natural disaster strikes, I make a donation to my go to national or global charities for disaster relief Team Rubicon, Save the Children , and/or Global Giving. I also ask for recommendations for local charities from colleagues. There are many more local nonprofits, focusing on animals, elderly, children, and more.

Hurricane 136