Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove National Remove Nonprofit
article thumbnail

2011 National Conference On Volunteering and Service: Community Building Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Date : June 7, 2011, 8:30 am – 10 am. Topic : Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns. Description : Integrating volunteers into online campaigns for requires a great community organizer. Traditional community organizing lays the groundwork for online campaigns and effective movements.

Community 100
article thumbnail

2-1-1 Connecting Communities

VisionLink

2-1-1, the phone number used by millions to access information about community services, is celebrated nation-wide today, February 11th. Right now, many hundreds of call operators across the nation are answering requests for assistance about housing, food, legal issues, family support, health care, jobs and schooling and much more.

Community 238
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Blackbaud Headed to SXSWi 2011

NetWits

Blackbaud @ SXSW 2011. South by South West Interactive 2011 is upon us. Frank , does internet marketing and strategy at Blackbaud , blogs at NetWits ThinkTank and guest blogs at Mashable.com , All his efforts are focused on helping non-profits use the Internet for fundraising, marketing, communications and community building.

Blackbaud 266
article thumbnail

Key Challenges Facing Arts And Culture Nonprofits, And How A Texas Ballet Overcomes Them

Bloomerang

When most of us think of arts and culture nonprofits, the biggest names come easily to mind. Beneath the spotlight, mid-size nonprofits like Ballet Lubbock offer valuable lessons in resilience and overcoming adversity. A rts and culture nonprofits face distinctive challenges in the nonprofit sector. The Smithsonian.

Texas 92
article thumbnail

[Book Interview] Nonprofit Example of Social Media Excellence: National Wildlife Federation

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Organization: National Wildlife Federation. I join as many social media sites as I can and try to spend time learning each community so I can offer advice to others on how to engage with them. Just because it may not work for me doesn’t mean it doesn’t work for another person building a community. Name: Danielle Brigida.

article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

Last week, I had the opportunity to present at the 2011 Volunteer Management for Nonprofits Conference here in New York. And here are slides from a previous presentation: Twitter.Org: Twitter for Nonprofit Organizations. National Theatre screws up, what we can learn from mistakes. Twitter Lists for Nonprofits.

Twitter 231
article thumbnail

Key facts, figures, and trends among U.S. labor unions

Candid

Unions can vary dramatically in size (partially due to the local vs. national structure we explained last week). The national arm of the National Association of Letter Carriers (as opposed to any of the locals) is by far the largest union in terms of revenue, bringing in $1.78 Financial data. billion in assets, $26.3

Trend 97