article thumbnail

To Survive a Crisis, Lean Into Trust—CEOs Share Pandemic Stories

.orgSource

Their stories explored the value that credibility brings to every relationship and the most stressful situations. Everything was immediately canceled so that we could help the restaurant community through the crisis at hand,” Kristine noted. Maintaining Community Association professionals at the Leadership ColLAB.

Milwaukee 221
article thumbnail

Business And Life Lessons From Entrepreneur Miguel Leal

Eric Jacobsen Blog

What I like most about Miguel Leal ’s memoir, aside from its overall compelling and inspiring information, are the business and life lessons he shares. Those lessons are found throughout his recently released memoir, The House That Cheese Built. Here are his business and life lessons : Passion can find you when you least expect it.

Lesson 82
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Culture, Community, and Technology—A Successful 2022 Convergence

.orgSource

The motivation to build stronger relationships, both remote and in-person, resonated across the association community. They shared stories about strengthening member relations, growing resources, and using tech tools to eliminate the zombie effect, or those repetitive tasks that drain creativity and enthusiasm. Creating Community.

Culture 221
article thumbnail

3 Lessons For Fundraisers From “Die Hard”

Bloomerang

Now that I’ve either made you my best friend or alienated you forever with that statement, let’s get into the lessons I believe all fundraisers can take from this movie ! . If you haven’t done so already, think about how you can meet with donors virtually and then share your mission and impact stories with them.

Lesson 138
article thumbnail

How to Overcome the Fear That Your Story Doesn’t Matter in Order to Better Serve Your Nonprofit and Your Community

Bloomerang

In this post on limiting beliefs, I want to talk about a common one I hear from nonprofit professionals: the fear that their story doesn’t matter. As nonprofit professionals, we have the power to make a real difference in the lives of those we serve and in our communities in general. Just on the basis of that alone: Your story matters!

Story 102
article thumbnail

4 Key Ingredients to A Good Story: How to Tell Compelling Nonprofit Stories

Bloomerang

Once you’ve cracked the code to the pattern, you’ll find that telling compelling nonprofit stories becomes less overwhelming and more manageable. You can apply the same blueprint again and again and know the stories will be well received by your audience. . Below I’ll break a good story down into four key ingredients.

Story 124
article thumbnail

Weave a Safety Net—Find the Right Strategic Partners

.orgSource

I am still evaluating the lessons learned. Isolation taught us the value of the relationships and the technology that sustained our communities. I’ve told these stories before, but I’m referring to them again because they highlight advice that can help associations find stability when chaos threatens.

Milwaukee 221