article thumbnail

How to Apply Service Design to the Social Sector

Forum One

Service design principles can be applied to the social sector to craft audience experiences that create positive change in the world. Overall, here are four key reasons why service design is important to nonprofits, foundations, and government agencies. They are using service design to better serve their community’s changing needs.

Design 74
article thumbnail

A Complete Guide to Strategic Web Design for Nonprofits

NetWits

What goes into creating and designing a successful nonprofit website that inspires action? There are a few steps to successful audience-centric design: Identify Your Audience: Understand all of the groups your serve and find out what makes them tick. Engaging Visual Design. Testing Your Visual Story. Audience Analysis.

Design 247
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Designing for Nonprofits: Our Commentary + Experience

Media Cause

Within Media Cause’s Creative, Brand, and Design team, one of our favorite things to do— besides creating incredible work for our clients—is sharing inspirational and educational resources with each other: articles, POVs, webinars, classes, books, case studies, blogs, tutorials, cheese. Community is key: working with, not for.

Design 52
article thumbnail

3 Design Thinking Facilitation Resources for Nonprofits

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Almost four years ago, I wrote my experience as a participant n a design-thinking lab to give input on a digital strategy for a philanthropy. The design lab was facilitated by Pete Maher, founder of Luma Institute. I even facilitated design labs to help with the research for my book, The Happy Healthy Nonprofit. I admit it.

article thumbnail

Three Data-Informed Strategies for Better Member Engagement

Association Analytics

Once the team aggregated the data and they were able to form a hypothesis, test it and confirm a need. Additionally, the team was able to leverage certifications, one of which is a Workforce-ready certificate designed for members who are new to the industry.

Data 210
article thumbnail

How to Follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines: Resources for Nonprofit Design

Media Cause

If we fail to meet WCAG, we are excluding important current and potential community members from being able to engage with our web content, which goes against the very nature of our work. . As a designer for nonprofits, I constantly reference these guidelines when making design decisions. Important Resources for Following WCAG.

article thumbnail

Design by the User, with Inspiration from New York Fashion Week

Forum One

How does fashion design relate to digital design? On a basic level, all designers gather inspiration from a range of sources and many design principles are consistent across different disciplines. Designers from around the world presented work inspired by issues in their community and the world.