article thumbnail

6 Generations of Giving: Who Gives the Most and How They Prefer to Give

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Preferred contact methods: Voice calls, direct mail Preferred donation methods: Direct mail and voice calls 2) Baby Boomers (1946-1964) 72% give to charity, donating an annual average of $1,212 across an average of 4.5 Baby Boomers are also more likely to engage in offline giving, such as writing checks or attending fundraising events.

article thumbnail

How Water.org Adapted Their Social Media Content Strategy in Response to COVID-19

Nonprofit Tech for Good

The marketing team of the international nonprofit, Water.org , was quick to evaluate their social content plans as the COVID-19 pandemic spread on and offline in early 2020. Video collaboration with Sony artists Marc Scibilia and voice over by Water.org co-founder Matt Damon. Watch Video. Instagram.com/water. Twitter.com/water.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community Voices at Digital Engagement Event: Reflections on the Conversation

Amy Sample Ward

At the Digital Engagement Event , back on 6th October, David Wilcox and I helped the Community Voices team facilitate two sessions that focused on the three things more important to digital engagement than the technology. Here’s what came out of each session: Session #1 Word Cloud: COMMUNITY. Existing Communities.

Voice 102
article thumbnail

Community Voices at Digital Engagement Event: Reflections on the Conversation

Amy Sample Ward

At the Digital Engagement Event , back on 6th October, David Wilcox and I helped the Community Voices team facilitate two sessions that focused on the three things more important to digital engagement than the technology. Here’s what came out of each session: Session #1 Word Cloud: COMMUNITY. Existing Communities.

Voice 102
article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I work in and support nonprofit organizations, and my focus on communities isn’t to suggest that organizations are “bad” or aren’t making a difference.

Community 179
article thumbnail

5 Assumptions Every Community Manager Should Make Daily

Amy Sample Ward

When it comes to managing or building communities, online or on the ground, the work can seem overwhelming and sometimes even never-ending. Wherever you are, and whatever the kind of community you are wrangling, there are some general lessons that I recommend. You don’t [really] know your community members.

Community 249
article thumbnail

Offline-to-Online-to-Offline: Lessons Learned in Building a Custom Community Platform

Care2

Our Story Recently, four allied grassroots campaigns (1Sky, Clean Energy Works, the Energy Action Coalition and Focus the Nation) set out to build an unprecedented online community: multiple organizations engaging their supporters together toward common goals on a shared online platform. We called it “The Climate Network.&#.

Offline 59