article thumbnail

Direct mail built the conservative movement. Can influencers beat it?

M+R

Read time: 5 minutes It’s 1980, and you hear the mail slot clank down the hallway. That version of you — now sitting on a valuable piece of real estate — probably had their address bought by a man named Paul Weyrich, a pioneer of conservative political direct mail. The post Direct mail built the conservative movement.

article thumbnail

12 free nonprofit books to help you achieve year-end fundraising success

Candid

Whether you’re looking to brush up on best practices for annual appeals, boost your fundraising game on social media this GivingTuesday , or build expert storytelling skills to win over supporters this giving season and beyond, we’ve got you covered with this list of 12 free nonprofit books. So is almost every other nonprofit.

Free 117
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Collect Compelling Stories to Use in Your Fundraising Work

The Fundraising Authority

It went from something that you almost never heard about just a few years ago, to the topic of numerous books , websites and conferences today. Other times, we talk to our donors through newsletters, e-mails and snail mail letters. Other times, we talk to our donors through newsletters, e-mails and snail mail letters.

Story 350
article thumbnail

Book Review: Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

She has packed all that into her new book, “ Joan Garry’s Guide to Nonprofit Leadership.” ” I was honored to write a book blurb after reading an early draft, but my copy just arrived in the mail and wanted to share review on my blog as part of my preparation for doing an interview with her next week.

Review 102
article thumbnail

[Book Interview] Nonprofit Example of Social Media Excellence: National Wildlife Federation

Nonprofit Tech for Good

I join as many social media sites as I can and try to spend time learning each community so I can offer advice to others on how to engage with them. Just because it may not work for me doesn’t mean it doesn’t work for another person building a community. I foresee our members relying on traditional communications tools for a while.

article thumbnail

Your 2024 New Year's Resolution Check-In

Eric Jacobsen Blog

New Year's Resolutions for leaders : Don't micromanage Don't be a bottleneck Focus on outcomes, not minutiae Build trust with your colleagues before a crisis comes Assess your company's strengths and weaknesses at all times Conduct annual risk reviews Be courageous, quick and fair Talk more about values more than rules Reward how a performance is achieved (..)

article thumbnail

[Book Interview] Nonprofit Example of Social Media Excellence: Big Cat Rescue

Nonprofit Tech for Good

She also helps cultivate community on a number of our social sites including ours at ChatBigCats.com. Related Links: Book Research & Interviews. ? Book Tour ? ? Book Tour Sponsors ? Tags: Social Media The Book. Are you tracking Return on Investment (ROI), and how? Please summarize your ROI.