article thumbnail

From Prospective Student to Active Alum—Engagement Fosters Lifelong Support

sgEngage

Engaged student and alum supporter: My daughter gets very excited when she hears talk about the university she attended. That’s because her school did a great job of engaging her while she was still a student. Engaged student and alum turned non-supporter: My husband used to be very engaged with his university.

Student 71
article thumbnail

How to find free things: nonprofit students edition 

Candid

As a nonprofit management student, preparing to enter this field can be challenging because it’s still developing. As the sector evolves, students aren’t always sure which available resources are the most sound to support our studies. This fall, a year into my master’s program, I started an internship on Candid’s communications team.

Student 120
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Three Data-Informed Strategies for Better Member Engagement

Association Analytics

Step 4: Communicate – Once new content is developed for specific membership segments, your association needs to tell those members about it! For instance, at IAEE the team started with student members who could be interested in the Workforce-ready Certificate.

Data 210
article thumbnail

To Complete or Not to Complete?

sgEngage

The motivating factors that prompt students to enroll in a community college are as varied and diverse as their academic and socio-economic backgrounds. According to the National Center for Educational Statistics , only thirteen percent of all community college students complete by earning a degree or credential in two years.

Student 71
article thumbnail

Unlocking the Power of APIs: The SKY is the Limit!

sgEngage

You just signed a multi-year contract for a new student information and learning management system (SIS/LMS) that does everything you want it to do. Back to that summer of 2020, I had a calendar script running that populated student and teacher Google calendars with their class schedules.

API 91
article thumbnail

Transform Your Communications & Collaboration With Slack

Saleforce Nonprofit

Increase Collaboration and Engagement for Students, Faculty, and Staff. Arizona State University (ASU), for instance, needed an easier way for its students, faculty, and staff to communicate, share lesson plans, and gather feedback. In addition, workflows help set up students for success with Slack and other learning tools.

article thumbnail

The Top 4 Things You Missed at Dreamforce 2021

Saleforce Nonprofit

Another Dreamforce is in the books, and although this year’s event looked different than those in the past, it wasn’t lacking the usual entertainment, insight, and community building that we’ve come to expect from a traditional Dreamforce experience. Salesforce.org has become the largest tech-for-social-impact community in the world.

San Diego 128