Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove International Remove Participatory
article thumbnail

Seven solutions for nonprofits to effectively collaborate with stakeholders

ASU Lodestar Center

Collaboration is a loaded word. Why should a nonprofit collaborate with their community or stakeholders? Where does a nonprofit begin the process of collaboration? How can an organization collaborate with stakeholders successfully? The community consists of stakeholders, but who are the stakeholders?

article thumbnail

How can nonprofit organizations measure community engagement?

ASU Lodestar Center

Understanding the benefits of building social capital may be effective in creating a participatory culture. Existing research identifies gaps in the ways in which community engagement is measured. Nonprofit organizations can benefit from this working model as it can be a useful tool in achieving a participatory culture.

Measure 40
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Stacey Marie Garcia came to the MAH first as a graduate intern in the summer of 2011. Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

12 Ways We Made our Santa Cruz Collects Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

The content focuses on the question of WHY we collect and how our collections reflect our individual and community identities. This exhibition represents a few big shifts for us: We used a more participatory design process. Without further ado, here's what we did to make the exhibition participatory. We had some money.

article thumbnail

Data as Decision in Grantmaking

sgEngage

It can support funder and cross-sector collaborations and the processes of decision-making. Datamaking, as an aspect of knowledge building , can even contribute to civic engagement and participatory democracy. Be internally and publicly transparent about the processes for data collection.

Data 96
article thumbnail

One Simple Question to Make Your Work More Participatory

Museum 2.0

Photo by CLoé Zarifian, MAH Photo Intern We're working with a guest curator, Wes Modes , on an upcoming experimental project at our museum. This is the question I ask myself anytime I'm working on something with a participatory intent. How can people--staff, volunteers, community members--help make this project better?

article thumbnail

Creating A Global Network of Capacity Builders for Social Change

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

” This would be a network or community of practice that freely shares and learns from one another about training and capacity building that is participatory , peer-learning , networked , makes use of design thinking , openly shared and a prelude to collective action. .” I was interviewed for the report).

Global 91