article thumbnail

How to Collect Compelling Stories to Use in Your Fundraising Work

The Fundraising Authority

No matter how we are carrying on the conversation, a dialog like this without stories becomes stale and ultimately boring. That’s why we need to incorporate stories into our fundraising work. This story is contained in your case for support , and should permeate everything your non-profit does to communicate with donors and prospects.

Story 350
article thumbnail

Trends in Grantmaking: Don’t Leave Your Foundation’s Impact Story to Chance

sgEngage

So, when it comes to communicating your impact story, many foundations need to rely on the data in their form 990 to tell their story. It all starts with knowing the information you have and identifying the story you want to tell. Your 990-PF tells a story to those who are looking through the open data.

Story 67
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How to Tell Non-Profit Stories With Emotions and Details

The Storytelling Non-profit

I continue to evolve my thinking about how to tell non-profit stories. This is natural in any line of work, but in non-profit storytelling I find that it mostly impacts my process for writing and telling stories. I also read a lot of non-profit stories that are simply just the facts told chronologically.

Profit 79
article thumbnail

The Five Building Blocks of a Digital Advocacy Campaign, Part 1: Tell an Impactful Story

Media Cause

Coming from a background in community organizing and public policy — specifically in the anti-rape movement — I understand the importance of effective messaging in advocacy campaigns. While advocating for survivors in San Francisco, I witnessed first-hand how critical stories are in tapping into people’s empathy.

article thumbnail

How to Build Community on Facebook: 5 Nonprofit Strategies

Nonprofits Source

With this in mind, let’s jump right into building a strong and supportive community for your nonprofit on the platform! In order to build and sustain a close community of supporters on Facebook, it’s important to express your appreciation frequently. Create engaging content on Facebook. Show appreciation to supporters on Facebook.

article thumbnail

How to Create Your Non-Profit’s Annual Story Strategy

The Storytelling Non-profit

When it’s the beginning of a new calendar year or the start of a new fiscal year, the fresh start is a great time to create your non-profit’s annual story strategy. Just like creating a fundraising plan or a communications plan, a story strategy is your opportunity to build a clear roadmap to your goals.

Story 67
article thumbnail

Making the Case for Analytics to Secure Your Slice of the Budget Pie

Association Analytics

Tell an Emotional Story The Power of Narratives: People connect with stories. Let’s say you’re thinking of renovating a community park. It’s not just about securing a budget but understanding and communicating the multifaceted value analytics brings to the table. The same goes for analytics.

Analytics 169