article thumbnail

September Wrap-Up Community Builder Chat: Online, Offline, and Migration

Amy Sample Ward

Tonight was the 2nd monthly Community Builder chat ; and I had a great time! Question 1 : asked about migrating a community from one tool to another, specifically from listservs to a website/forum. Question 2 : asked how to build a loop between on and offline engagement. October Community Builder Chat.

Offline 129
article thumbnail

Mobilizing Online Community for Offline Action

Tech Soup

August’s Online Community Meetup featured Zoey Kroll of Hayes Valley Farm , an urban farm located in San Francisco. Appearing as her super hero alter ego, complete with green cape, Super Green, Kroll spoke about how online activity can be used to inspire offline action.

Offline 56
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I work in and support nonprofit organizations, and my focus on communities isn’t to suggest that organizations are “bad” or aren’t making a difference.

Community 179
article thumbnail

5 Assumptions Every Community Manager Should Make Daily

Amy Sample Ward

When it comes to managing or building communities, online or on the ground, the work can seem overwhelming and sometimes even never-ending. Wherever you are, and whatever the kind of community you are wrangling, there are some general lessons that I recommend. You don’t [really] know your community members.

Community 249
article thumbnail

Supercharge Your Intern Program: 18 Proven Assignment Ideas Across Marketing, Data, & More

Whole Whale

Custom photo stock This is a fun excuse for an intern to run around the office and any physical sites to take good pictures of work in action. Index and put these photos in a system like Google Photos or Flickr for the organization to use in the future. Have interns handwrite thank you notes to VIP members of the community.

article thumbnail

Visibility and relationships: Effective fundraising for small nonprofits

Candid

Grassroots organizations provide vital services to local communities, yet they struggle to compete for grants against large national nonprofits that can leverage robust development teams, considerable fundraising experience, and established relationships with grantmakers. Once you have your elevator pitch written down, practice it often.

article thumbnail

An 11-Step Guide to Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns for Nonprofit Organizations

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Interesting and informative content can truly set your fundraiser apart from the rest, and the right photos can help tell your story in a unique way. Here are a few tips about choosing photos that can lead to fundraising success : Stay away from using grainy or unclear images. 8) Promote your fundraiser offline.

Guide 247