article thumbnail

Groups: A Review of Five Platforms to Build Community

Care2

If your organization is focused on building community among your activists and donors you’ve probably had to choose an online group tool. But which platform is best for your group? The most successful groups on Facebook are those whose members are passionate about the group’s focus and goals.

Group 62
article thumbnail

Information: The Better Half of IT

sgEngage

There are grassroots groups on social media, listservs, and informal peer groups for users of various Blackbaud products. Check out the Blackbaud Community to get started connecting with other data-focused friends. How do I harness my data? If you’re still reading, that is a great first step!

Chart 78
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

5 Proven Tips for Building Your Nonprofits Email List

NetWits

If visitors have to search around the tabs on your site, they may never find your listserve sign up. If you have a link to your Facebook and Twitter at the top of your homepage and your listserve at the bottom, it implies that you prefer to interact with your audience on your social media sites. Clearly marked. With a call to action.

email 266
article thumbnail

Tips for Managing and Engaging Online Communities

Care2

took over the world, people were part of smaller online participatory communities called listservs. Yet even after all these years, many organizations still haven’t mastered how to use listservs in building successful and engaging online communities. The biggest barriers groups face is how to structure listservs.

article thumbnail

The Zoetica Salon: A Peer Learning Community for Nonprofits and Social Media

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Freely sharing and facilitating community knowledge is part of my DNA as it for many colleagues in the nonprofit technology field. There is an added benefit to learning communities. In those days, we used listservs and online discussion software, but platform matter. Why am I excited about this project? Photo by Dkurpaptwa.

article thumbnail

Help Us Help You: Austin-area service opportunities wanted for the 15NTC

NTEN

Giving back to the local community that physically hosts the NTEN Community through NTC Days of Service expresses a guiding value of the annual event. Throughout the 15NTC, there will be volunteer opportunities to engage and share the community''s skills with Austin, TX area nonprofits.

Austin 91
article thumbnail

Second Life and Communities of Practice Group Action Learning Project

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Shirley Williams ponders the Communities of Practice Online Collaboration Exercise "The best way for doubters to control a questionable new technology is to embrace it, lest it remain wholly in the hands of enthusiasts who think there is nothing questionable about it." I met with the group last week.