article thumbnail

Getting from “no” to “yes” for climate justice

Candid

Meanwhile, the planet burns and many already vulnerable communities are displaced. As a result, not enough funding is flowing to climate change efforts and even less of it for reducing harm to communities most impacted by the climate crisis. . In essence it’s a tiny slice of a tiny slice. But it doesn’t have to be this way.

article thumbnail

New (Free) E-Book: Leading Systems Change Will Supercharge Your Facilitation Skills

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

But this is more than a simple report on a highly successful leadership program that takes a systems approach to serving an underserved community, it is the authors playbook of how to design and implement a program, including facilitation recipes for designing meetings. The facilitation methods are participatory.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

What I Learned from Beck (the rock star) about Participatory Arts

Museum 2.0

There are many artistic projects that offer a template for participation, whether a printed play, an orchestral score, or a visual artwork that involves an instructional set (from community murals to Sol LeWitt). Participatory processes often (and sometimes unintentionally) restructure the product. That''s expected.

article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Making Accommodations In Workshops

Co-Act is a unique organization, a hub for accelerating collaborative action in Southeast Michigan’s nonprofit community. They have built an authentic community through cultivated conversations and events designed to build trust, deepen relationships and set the stage for collective impact. I made this part of the instructions.

Detroit 77
article thumbnail

12 Ways We Made our Santa Cruz Collects Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

The content focuses on the question of WHY we collect and how our collections reflect our individual and community identities. This exhibition represents a few big shifts for us: We used a more participatory design process. Without further ado, here's what we did to make the exhibition participatory. We had some money.

article thumbnail

What Is a Story and Why You Need To Tell Them

The Storytelling Non-profit

A narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale. It’s participatory. Much of the work that non-profits are doing is not necessarily relatable to the average community member or supporter. That means it’s what we are doing.

Story 89
article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Finding Inspiration and New Ideas for Facilitation Techniques

I always learn something from his participatory style, humor, and techniques. Here’s a few things I learned. For training where you are focusing on a skill, it allows for folks express their opinions (negative or positive) and not have get in the way of the instructional flow later on. There are usually two aspects of this.