article thumbnail

What I Learned from Beck (the rock star) about Participatory Arts

Museum 2.0

There are many artistic projects that offer a template for participation, whether a printed play, an orchestral score, or a visual artwork that involves an instructional set (from community murals to Sol LeWitt). One of the things I always focus on in participatory exhibit design is ensuring that everyone has the same tools to work with.

article thumbnail

Community-Driven Social Impact: Presentation & Workshop at Amplified Leicester

Amy Sample Ward

This morning I had the great pleasure and honor to present at Amplified Leicester about Community-Driven Social Impact, and run a short strategy-building workshop. They are also hoping to learn from and document their experiences to share as a model with the larger global community looking to do something similar. Presentation.

Impact 123
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

12 Ways We Made our Santa Cruz Collects Exhibition Participatory

Museum 2.0

The content focuses on the question of WHY we collect and how our collections reflect our individual and community identities. This exhibition represents a few big shifts for us: We used a more participatory design process. Without further ado, here's what we did to make the exhibition participatory. We had some money.

article thumbnail

New Approach, Historic Mission: Remaking a Factory Museum via Community Co-Production

Museum 2.0

Yesterday, I learned about the Silk Mill, a British historic site that is going through a dramatic community-driven reinvention. Many people would look at the world''s oldest mechanized silk mill and say that the core content of the museum is silk. And perhaps most ambitiously, they see it as a community-based project.

Museum 53
article thumbnail

2012 Nonprofit Technology Conference

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Designing Online Engagement to Collaborate with Your Community. In this workshop, we’ll focus on all aspects of designing high-value, engaging, and participatory content that creates a partnership with your fans. Location : San Francisco, CA. Related Links : 2012 NTC. Session information. Presentation slides.

article thumbnail

2012 BBCon – Blackbaud and Convio User Conference

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Designing Online Engagement to Collaborate with Your Community. In this workshop, we’ll focus on all aspects of designing high-value, engaging, and participatory content that creates a partnership with your fans. Location : Washington, DC. Description : You can design online engagement to unleash your evangelists.

Blackbaud 105
article thumbnail

Making Museum Tours Participatory: A Model from the Wing Luke Asian Museum

Museum 2.0

I've long admired this museum for its all-encompassing commitment to community co-creation , and the visit was a kind of pilgrimage to their new site (opened in 2008). The institution is community-funded, staffed, and designed. a "wedding worthy" community hall). a "wedding worthy" community hall). 5'11", 6'1", etc.

Museum 51