article thumbnail

6 Types of Nonprofit Video Messages

Greater Giving

The script should provide insight into the nonprofit by following to the common writer’s mantra of “show don’t tell.” Community Update Video. There are times in every organization when a straight-forward message the community needs to hear. Every element in a community update video must be relevant to the message.

Video 87
article thumbnail

[Guide] Creating Video for Nonprofits

The Science Behind Engaging your Supporters

How do you think about sound when you’re creating a video? Sound inspires me. Instead of scripting anything, you spend a day with the organization and you see what you get. Grassroots movements have been doing it because they didn't have the resources to script. I don’t trust technology to work when I need it to.

Video 43
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Step-by-Step Plan for Activating Fundraising Ambassadors

Get Fully Funded

Sounds great, right? Share the ultimate Ask script that has been passed from fundraiser to fundraiser, and then give them the opportunity to learn through role play: “Me” sentence: . Let’s say you have an ambassador who is active in the running community. They introduce you to people they know who can be helpful to you.

article thumbnail

Social SEO and the Rise of Alternative Search

Media Cause

Using these keywords in your automated closed captions is also a great idea and writing video scripts that incorporate the keywords you want to target. Facebook Include a main keyword in your Facebook Page name, but make sure it sounds natural. Use the text overlay to achieve this tactic. Say that main keyword loud and proud!

Search 59
article thumbnail

How to Report Live from Nonprofit Events Using Periscope

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Streaming from events is an obvious fit for Periscope, but site visits and interviews with communities served, that’s where the real power of Periscope will unfold. Be cognizant of light and sounds in the area where streaming. Don’t be too scripted and embrace the unexpected.

Report 100
article thumbnail

Need a copy editor? Look in the mirror

M+R

I often tell folks that making a practice of self-editing is a great way to level up : finish your draft (email appeal, social media post, video script, or whatever else), walk away from it for a minute, and then go back and make changes as an editor would. Q: How does it sound? Does this sound or look like a policy briefing?

article thumbnail

Why Shame Marketing Approaches Are Not Effective

Media Cause

In 1921, George Lambert (the son of Listerine’s founder Jordan Lambert) pieced together “halitosis” as a medical sounding term for bad-smelling breath and offered the exclusive solution. We decided to take matters into our own hands, and flip the script ourselves: . Not only is this wrong, but it’s dangerous.”.