Remove Arts Remove Community Remove Public Remove Teen
article thumbnail

Deena Pierott to Offer Keynote on Inclusive Technology at #14LCS

NTEN

Today we’re excited to share that Deena Pierott , founder of the White House honored youth program called iUrban Teen Tech , will offer a keynote called Moving from Diversity to Inclusion: Changing landscapes of nonprofit technology. Change Management Deena Pierott iUrban Teen lcs Leadership leading change summit'

Teen 97
article thumbnail

Introducing Abbott Square Part 3: Community Participation Builds a Community Plaza

Museum 2.0

This is the second installation in a series of posts on the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH)'s development of Abbott Square , a new creative community plaza in downtown Santa Cruz. When we first started talking about redeveloping Abbott Square as a community plaza for downtown Santa Cruz, we ran into some basic questions.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Teenagers, Space-Makers, and Scaling Up to Change the World

Museum 2.0

This week, my colleague Emily Hope Dobkin has a beautiful guest post on the Incluseum blog about the Subjects to Change teen program that Emily runs at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Subjects to Change is an unusual museum program in that it explicitly focuses on empowering teens as community leaders.

Teen 45
article thumbnail

Equity in Arts Funding: We're Not There Yet. We're Not Even Close.

Museum 2.0

This week, the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy released a new paper by Holly Sidford called Fusing Arts, Culture, and Social Change. The majority of foundation funding for the arts goes to large, established organizations that present work that is based in the European canon for a primarily white, upper-income audience.

Arts 52
article thumbnail

Ten Things Nonprofits May Not Know About MySpace [But I Wish They Did]

Nonprofit Tech for Good

When I first started myspace.com/nonprofitorganizations almost 4 years ago I had no idea that it would evolve to become as large as it has, or that the brand/community/concept would spread to Facebook , then YouTube , and now Twitter. I was able then to tap into that community when I expanded into Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Myspace 190
article thumbnail

Sustaining Innovation Part 3: Interview With Sarah Schultz of the Walker Art Center

Museum 2.0

This post features an interview with Sarah Schultz, a museum staffer at one of the institutions Light profiled in the book (the Walker Art Center). Sarah has worked at the Walker since 1992 and is currently the Director of Education and Community Programs. In the 1990s, we decided we wanted to engage a teen audience.

Arts 46
article thumbnail

Donning the Sweatshirt of Service: Reflections from a Second-Year Ally

ASU Lodestar Center

Public Allies AZ Alumna /. When I think back on my time with ASU Lodestar Center's Public Allies Arizona program, many different memories and candid moments pop into my mind. Particularly, I think of an image of a certain well-worn Public Allies hooded sweatshirt — our unspoken uniform of service. Youth Leadership Development.