article thumbnail

Pop the champagne: This year Candid’s grants data set turns 21!

Candid

private and community foundations. And we would narrow the focus to 1,000 of the largest private and community foundations. 2015 – Teens As Candid’s grants data approached its teenage years, many changes began to take place. funders, and public foundations (aka grantmaking public charities).

Grant 98
article thumbnail

Public Allies Arizona: Burning You With the 5 Core Values

ASU Lodestar Center

posted by Chrisal Valencia Member Events & Volunteer Coordinator Local First Arizona Public Allies has played a very definitive role in my life. As I prepped for what I wanted to say to the next graduating class of Public Allies Arizona, I took a queue from my own days as an ally and reflected. Ouch, burn. And there’s the warmth.

Arizona 81
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

“Black & Proud”

M+R

It’s a spin on James Brown’s 1968 hit, “Say It Loud (I’m Black and I’m Proud),” which became an unofficial anthem of the Civil Rights movement; but, in its current context, is focused on the pride associated with also identifying as a member of the LGBTQIA community.

Florida 82
article thumbnail

Why Now is the Time for Boys & Girls Clubs of America to Invest in Digital

Saleforce Nonprofit

For more than a century, Boys & Girls Clubs around the country opened their doors each day to millions of kids and teens, literally and symbolically. Clubs offered, for many, the only safe places in their communities. But true to its 160-year legacy, Clubs remained a safe haven for local communities. Opening doors.

America 112
article thumbnail

Deena Pierott to Offer Keynote on Inclusive Technology at #14LCS

NTEN

Today we’re excited to share that Deena Pierott , founder of the White House honored youth program called iUrban Teen Tech , will offer a keynote called Moving from Diversity to Inclusion: Changing landscapes of nonprofit technology. Change Management Deena Pierott iUrban Teen lcs Leadership leading change summit'

Teen 97
article thumbnail

Breaking the Cycle & Starting the Mental Health Conversation

Saleforce Nonprofit

Thanks to global entertainers like Lady Gaga and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, and world-class athletes like Kevin Love and Simone Biles, there’s already a shift toward candid public conversations, making mental health far less stigmatized than ever. Charlamagne Tha God’s Life’s Work is Helping Black People Heal.

article thumbnail

October Awareness: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Qgiv

Search in your community for races, drives, and other fundraisers you can participate in to help raise money for breast cancer awareness. The Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative was founded in 2016 to meet the specific needs of Wyoming’s hospitals, public health organizations, and other breast cancer support groups. Nonprofits to support.

Cancer 52