article thumbnail

How to Collect Compelling Stories to Use in Your Fundraising Work

The Fundraising Authority

Storytelling has become a hot topic in non-profit fundraising. There’s a reason for this change: storytelling is extremely important to good fundraising. Two Types of Non-Profit Storytelling. In my experience, when we talk about “storytelling” in non-profit fundraising, we’re talking about one of two separate things.

Story 350
article thumbnail

Crafting Captivating GivingTuesday Nonprofit Storytelling

Greater Giving

Nonprofit storytelling remains a timeless and powerful tool for connecting with potential donors. The Power of Nonprofit Storytelling In a world inundated with information, your nonprofit’s story is what sets you apart. Great Nonprofit Storytelling Uses the Power of Anecdotes Donors appreciate transparency.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Equitable and Inclusive Messaging: Retaining Donors in a New Age of Storytelling

Qgiv

Whether your donors are transactional or high value (including mid-level and recurring donors) or participatory (like event participants and volunteers), building healthy relationships with them today—and retaining them—recognizes the responsibility we all have to our constituents, our communities, and, ultimately, to ourselves.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Storytelling: The Quick and No-Nonsense Guide

Bloomerang

Nonprofit storytelling refers to a specific way of communication that organizations use to personalize their mission. And once shared effectively, storytelling will change the game for your organization. Many times, communication is something people don’t feel is their strong suit. We tell stories.

article thumbnail

Developing The Creative Skills That Will Help You Become A Great Nonprofit Storyteller

Bloomerang

In part two of this series on the skills you need to be a great nonprofit storyteller, I talk about how to engage your audience emotionally through creative storytelling. In this post, I’ll focus on the creative skills involved in storytelling. . In this post, I’ll focus on the creative skills involved in storytelling. .

article thumbnail

New on SSIR: A New Tool for Digital Storytelling

Amy Sample Ward

—– I’m really excited by tools that enable digital or transmedia storytelling. I think there’s huge potential for organizations to use multiple mediums, content, and locations to help document and advocate for the change they want in their communities and around the world. Do you have a hyperlocal online network/space?

article thumbnail

The sgENGAGE Podcast Episode 76: Visual Storytelling: A Picture is Worth 60,000 Words

Connection Cafe

Storytelling is important in the social good community. Today’s guest joined the podcast to talk about how organizations can better incorporate visual elements into their storytelling. Today’s guest joined the podcast to talk about how organizations can better incorporate visual elements into their storytelling.