article thumbnail

What the Vietnam War and the Stockdale Paradox Can Teach Us About How to Face 2022

The MatrixFiles

Reminding myself and my team that we will come out stronger as a company and as a community. Finding joy where I can , including walks in the snow, movie night at home, new accounts at work, amazing clients, Zooms with college buddies, and my amazing family. Not romanticizing the olden days , the “normal” days.

Vietnam 246
article thumbnail

60+ Spring Fundraising Ideas for Every Nonprofit

Qgiv

Spring fundraisers are a great way to bring your community together while gaining support for your cause. You can recruit volunteers from your community to bring in different homemade goods and sell them. Offer tickets for your community to come watch the event and bring in a judging panel to determine the prize winners.

Ideas 95
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Why Higher Ed Professionals Should Attend bbcon 2023

sgEngage

Join us in Denver for inspiring keynotes, thought-provoking breakout sessions, and how-to workshops for change-makers across the education, nonprofit, and social good community. How do diverse voices and experiences strengthen a community? Register here today!

article thumbnail

Fundraising From Home: A Nonprofit Hub Guide

NonProfit Hub

Invite your friends, some local community leaders, or some industry superstars for an online dinner soirée. Teach one of your family recipes, host a yoga class, show your friends the wonders of rock gardening ? This is a fun way to pass on some of your expertise and share your hobbies with your community. Movie night.

Guide 80
article thumbnail

4 Tips for Connecting with Supporters Who Are Parents

sgEngage

If you don’t, you could plan a tour of or make educational videos about your nonprofit itself to teach kids and parents how your staff and volunteers work to impact your community. You can find tons of family-friendly fundraiser ideas online, including these fun, easy ones: Movie nights.

Support 65
article thumbnail

Corporate Citizenship and Digital Inclusion: Empowering Communities, Nonprofits, and Public Libraries

Tech Soup

"We hope that free Wi-Fi will be a resource that the city and other local groups will be able to use in their efforts to bridge the digital divide and make their community stronger," said Veronica Bell, a senior manager for public policy and government relations at Google, in a statement. Powering Communities with Tech.

Library 55
article thumbnail

Meet the Community’s New Lead Organizers

NTEN

This team of dynamic and enthusiastic community leaders kicked off their roles in November to support the network of about 50 volunteer organizers of the 20 Tech Clubs and 11 online groups. What do you appreciate/like the most about NTEN and the NTEN Community? What are your top three apps/ books/ movies? Dave Tinker.