article thumbnail

Leveraging data to better serve under-resourced communities 

Candid

Data to pinpoint needs in specific communities Unfortunately, government survey data does not accurately represent “hard-to-count” at-risk populations who are less likely to speak English or to trust the government—which includes many of the people nonprofits like CASL serve. For example, aggregated data from the U.S.

article thumbnail

Tips to strengthen your volunteer program and empower member volunteers

Nimble AMS

A nd learn volunteer empowerment strategies to try out at your organization! PEAK Grantmaking ’s vol unteer program success story PEAK Grantmaking is a community of 7,000 professionals working to advance e ffective and equitable grantmaking practices. Like many associations, PEAK Grantmaking benefits from the work of member volunteers.

Volunteer 132
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Hire Fresh Talent—But Before You Shop, Check the Fridge

.orgSource

This is a unique time for the association community. Once we talk through the issues, they realize that there is a current employee, who with the right training and mentoring, would be a great fit for the role. Younger workers are especially reluctant to get out of their sweats and back on the train.

article thumbnail

Bright Idea: United Against Poverty Orlando Created an Email Campaign to Engage Supporters

Qgiv

Who they are: United Against Poverty Orlando’s mission is to serve those in poverty by providing crisis care, case management, transformative education, food and household subsidy, employment training and placement, personal empowerment training and active referrals to other collaborative social service providers.

email 97
article thumbnail

Changing lives through financial empowerment

ASU Lodestar Center

Most people never receive any formal financial training. the resources to financial literacy known in our communities. By the end of the class, they were empowered; they were knowledgeable about what to do with their money, and they no longer feared financial responsibility. credit card or budget their money. We need to find a way to.

article thumbnail

Five Lessons for Creating an Effective (and Accountable) Nonprofit Board

Blue Avocado

Having been the only one in my business school class who chose a career in the nonprofit sector, I was able to use my MBA training to lead change and turnarounds. For the previous 25 years, the CEO, a social worker by training, had built a large board that, over time, had become unwieldy. Takeaway 3: The board needs training.

Lesson 96
article thumbnail

Citizen Philanthropy: Delivering Impactful Pro Bono Support From Anywhere

Saleforce Nonprofit

Bringing skilled volunteers together in person with passionate and integrated local organisations around the world was how V2I worked towards their mission of helping global communities break the cycle of poverty. This concept addresses the needs of nonprofits for continued support, training, mentorship, and engagement with their communities.