Remove Comment Remove Community Remove Offline Remove Question
article thumbnail

October Community Builder Chat – Connecting On and Offline Communities #commbuild

Amy Sample Ward

Today’s Community Builder chat focused on examples and best practices for connecting on and offline community activities, events, and organizing. It was a really rich discussion – thank you to all those who joined in, shared, asked questions, and contributed! Topic: Community Building, of course!

Offline 117
article thumbnail

September 2010 Community Builder Chat: How to Participate

Amy Sample Ward

The monthly Community Builder chat series is part of the #4Change community of regularly scheduled chats, bringing together people from around the world to talk about examples, practices, tips and more as we all explore the way technology can be used for social change. Building a loop between online and offline community activities.

Community 164
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Getting Meta: Inviting the Community to Drive the Community Builder Chats

Amy Sample Ward

For about a year, I moderated a monthly online chat focused on community building, community management, on and offline engagement, and the technologies that support those connections. I wanted to let the community lead, and if the community didn’t need me moderating a chat, then I wasn’t going to force it!

Community 194
article thumbnail

5 Assumptions Every Community Manager Should Make Daily

Amy Sample Ward

When it comes to managing or building communities, online or on the ground, the work can seem overwhelming and sometimes even never-ending. Wherever you are, and whatever the kind of community you are wrangling, there are some general lessons that I recommend. You don’t [really] know your community members.

Community 249
article thumbnail

June #4Change Chat: Local Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

I love community organizing. I’ve had experience organizing communities offline in local communities, and organizing community online – but the kind of organizing that inspires me the most is combining online and offline. What roles are important in online community organizing?

Local 145
article thumbnail

Four More Community Members Join the NTEN Board

NTEN

As such, we’ve turned to the strategic questions and priority areas of our Real-Time Strategic Plan many times during the pandemic to help guide our thinking and decisions about our programs, our conference, and our advocacy efforts. Below, we’ve included comments from Jude, Leon, Rubin, and Yesenia.

NTEN 46
article thumbnail

Community Engagement and Social Media for Public Media

Amy Sample Ward

I recently had the opportunity to present a webinar for the National Center for Media Engagement , focused on community-driven engagement, and present a session at the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference , talking about building a social media strategy. Defining Community. Engaging Community.