Remove Comment Remove Community Remove Museum Remove Question
article thumbnail

Unleashing Museum 2.0

Museum 2.0

In the spirit of this belief, I’ve decided to unleash the Museum 2.0 For that reason, I’m thrilled to announce that over the next two months, I’ll be transferring ownership of Museum 2.0 Seema is a brilliant museum educator, a generous spacemaker, a prolific writer, and a creative troublemaker. I know Museum 2.0

Museum 35
article thumbnail

Rethink, reuse, and repurpose: How to create more social media content with less work

Candid

Unless you work for an animal shelter with cute puppies or a museum with extensive collections you can photograph as needed, it can be a challenge. You can use it as a starting point for developing social media content—and also help reduce the burden on staff who are constantly answering these questions.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Apply Now for the World's Best Museum Job: Mine.

Museum 2.0

Yeah you, generous community builder. It's time to make your dreams a reality and apply to become the next executive director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH). Our board, staff, and community are seeking a new director to join the MAH in 2019. Have questions? You, brilliant manager. You, playful leader.

Museum 35
article thumbnail

Community-centered and Audience-Engagement and What not

Museum 2.0

Author: Seema Rao This month, inspired by the panel at Western Museums Association , we've been discussing all things audience, community, and visitors. For this week, I'm summarizing thoughts people had about community-engagement on Twitter. Their comments bring up the heterogeneity of the people associated with museums.

article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community. I chose to focus my thesis on Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

Museum 2.0 Rerun: Answers to the Ten Questions I Am Most Commonly Asked

Museum 2.0

This August/September, I am "rerunning" popular Museum 2.0 Originally posted in April of 2011, just before I hung up my consulting hat for my current job at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. I''ve spent much of the past three years on the road giving workshops and talks about audience participation in museums.

Museum 45
article thumbnail

Joint Statement from Museum Bloggers and Colleagues on Ferguson and Related Events

Museum 2.0

Gretchen Jennings convened a group of bloggers and colleagues online to develop a statement about museums'' responsibilities and opportunities in response to the events in Ferguson, Cleveland and Staten Island. Museums are a part of this educational and cultural network. Where do museums fit in? Here is our statement.

Museum 52