article thumbnail

Turning Visitors into Customers: Maximising Retail Potential for Museums

sgEngage

Museum shops can and should be more than just walls of collection postcards and bins of branded pencils. With captive audiences, a link to the creative, and consistent footfall, shops in museums have ample opportunity to maximise retail potential by offering products that appeal to visitors and have a clear connection to collections. .

Museum 97
article thumbnail

Content Strategy for Digital Collections: Archives, Libraries, and Museums

Forum One

Museums, archives, and libraries share many goals and functions. The items that museums, archives, and libraries collect reflect the human spirit. In archives, libraries, and museums, curators use their judgment to select and arrange artifacts to create a narrative, evoke a response, and communicate a message.

Library 73
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Unleashing Museum 2.0

Museum 2.0

In the spirit of this belief, I’ve decided to unleash the Museum 2.0 For that reason, I’m thrilled to announce that over the next two months, I’ll be transferring ownership of Museum 2.0 Seema is a brilliant museum educator, a generous spacemaker, a prolific writer, and a creative troublemaker. I know Museum 2.0

Museum 35
article thumbnail

Museum Work

Museum 2.0

While many American museums require 37.5 The whole issue of wages gets at the heart of the faulty systems of capitalism, the culture of women’s work, and museums as privilege-concentrating institutions. In the last twenty years, or so, professionalization has changed museum work. Not the work we do, but the ways we do that work.

Museum 29
article thumbnail

New Approach, Historic Mission: Remaking a Factory Museum via Community Co-Production

Museum 2.0

But not enough people care about it anymore, and the museum is fading into disrepair. Yesterday, I learned about the Silk Mill, a British historic site that is going through a dramatic community-driven reinvention. The Silk Mill is part of the Derby Museums , a public institution of art, history, and natural history.

Museum 53
article thumbnail

Guest Post: Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs

Museum 2.0

Since then, Stacey has become an indispensable member of our staff, leading our community programs and inspiring us to think in new ways about how we can build social capital in our community. I chose to focus my thesis on Community and Civic Engagement in Museum Programs.

Museum 49
article thumbnail

Apply Now for the World's Best Museum Job: Mine.

Museum 2.0

Yeah you, generous community builder. It's time to make your dreams a reality and apply to become the next executive director of the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH). Our board, staff, and community are seeking a new director to join the MAH in 2019. Have questions? You, brilliant manager. You, playful leader.

Museum 35