Remove Build Remove Community Remove Facilitation Remove Structure
article thumbnail

Empowering grassroots organizations: building capacity, diversity, and relationships

Candid

I often refer to the post-World War II period, when civil and human rights movements came to the forefront, along with community-organized philanthropic organizations. Foundation, we trust those who are closest to the issues affecting their communities.

article thumbnail

Empowering Community Voices: The Strategic Advantage of Nonprofit Advisory Committees

Blue Avocado

As a nonprofit leader, you likely want to do your best to ensure that the voices and experiences of the communities you serve are represented in your work. Instead, they serve as partners in your work, representing the community you serve and even boosting the productivity of your workforce.

Voice 88
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Leadership’s Biggest Perk—Giving Others a Boost

.orgSource

Be Intentional What can we do to facilitate more deliberate mentoring relationships? Turn the focus away from individual success and toward team building. Turn the focus away from individual success and toward team building. We launched a Women in Information subgroup to our community last year.

Mentoring 251
article thumbnail

New (Free) E-Book: Leading Systems Change Will Supercharge Your Facilitation Skills

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

But this is more than a simple report on a highly successful leadership program that takes a systems approach to serving an underserved community, it is the authors playbook of how to design and implement a program, including facilitation recipes for designing meetings. The facilitation methods are participatory.

article thumbnail

How can nonprofits partner with underserved minorities to build better communities?

ASU Lodestar Center

The need for collaboration amongst a diverse array of community members has become a recognized focus within the nonprofit sector. What obligations do white-led nonprofits hold for working with minority community groups and nonprofits in their communities? Illustration by Yuxin Qin.

article thumbnail

Turning Crisis into Community: How to Make Emergency Donors Lifelong Supporters

The Modern Nonprofit

Estimated Reading Time: 5 minutes Turning Crisis into Community: How to Make Emergency Donors Lifelong Supporters As nonprofit professionals, we are all too familiar with the cycle of emergency fundraising. This emergency response communication sets the foundation for building lasting relationships. This builds a connection.

Support 52
article thumbnail

Leading with Reflection: New Year’s Rituals for Nonprofit Professionals

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

My New Year’s Reflection Rituals Review the Year: I use a tool called the “ Year Compass, a free downloadable booklet that provides a set of structured reflection questions that help you look back and ahead. Board Service : I continue to serve on the advisory boards of Leadership Learning Community and Wake.