article thumbnail

Don’t Miss These 10 Nonprofit Conferences in 2023 & 2024

Neon CRM

Nonprofit conferences are a great opportunity for industry professionals to hone their skills, network with their peers, and learn innovative new strategies to help their organizations thrive. Nonprofit conferences can feature a variety of topics, like fundraising, marketing, nonprofit tech, and leadership.

article thumbnail

Community Building begins with Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

Yesterday, I had a very fun time presenting with my friend and colleague Debra Askanase at the 2 011 National Conference on Volunteering and Service. We focused on principles for community building and community organizing, as well as examples of both short-term and long-term engagement. Here are the slides! Transparency.

Community 253
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference – Community-Driven Social Impact

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Community-Driven Social Impact. Description : This session will focus on strategies and tactics to amplify the impact of mission-based programs through community-driven efforts. We’ll address emerging best practices and discuss the associated opportunities and challenges of community-driven strategies. Session page.

Impact 100
article thumbnail

HOW TO: Report Live from Nonprofit Events and Conferences

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Another form of real-time communications is using mobile and social media to report live from your events and conferences. A barrage of marketing tweets and updates announcing conference sessions or superfluous observations and platitudes is not a compelling way to report live. Listen carefully and be selective.

Report 267
article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

Last week, I had the opportunity to present at the 2011 Volunteer Management for Nonprofits Conference here in New York. I’ve presented about Twitter before, as well, so in addition to sharing some notes and resources, and my slides, from the presentation on Friday, I want to also round up other Twitter-related posts and links here.

Twitter 231
article thumbnail

2011 MyCharityConnects Conference Keynote

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Keynote; Technology and Community – Strategic Options for Building Movements. Description : Try as we might to do everything ourselves, our campaigns, our programs, and our missions rely on the community for success. Engaging our community, online and offline, can generate the momentum we need to build a movement.

article thumbnail

2011 National Conference On Volunteering and Service: Community Building Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Topic : Bringing Community Organizing Into Online Campaigns. Description : Integrating volunteers into online campaigns for requires a great community organizer. Traditional community organizing lays the groundwork for online campaigns and effective movements. Slides and notes. Location : New Orleans, LA.

Community 100