article thumbnail

Using Twitter to Build a Community and Recruit Volunteers

Amy Sample Ward

I’ve presented about Twitter before, as well, so in addition to sharing some notes and resources, and my slides, from the presentation on Friday, I want to also round up other Twitter-related posts and links here. Presentation Slides. Here are my slides from the VMNC: Twitter Basics for Engaging Volunteers.

Twitter 231
article thumbnail

Twitter 101 for Nonprofits

NetWits

Twitter is one of the fastest growing social networks in the world ( Mashable ). We’ve talked about Why Twitter Matters a bit, but there’s so much more that we can learn from what nonprofits are doing.

Twitter 105
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Creative Ways People Contribute to Community

Bloomerang

Lindsay Simonds will decode the top five most impactful ways people contribute to communities. By understanding core motivations, intentions, perspectives reflected in this webinar, you will be able to build a stronger case for support, increase the impact you have, and gain strategies for creating and preserving community. But say hi.

People 76
article thumbnail

Community Engagement and Social Media for Public Media

Amy Sample Ward

I recently had the opportunity to present a webinar for the National Center for Media Engagement , focused on community-driven engagement, and present a session at the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference , talking about building a social media strategy. Defining Community. Engaging Community.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

If not, you can follow the conversation in real time on Twitter with the hashtag #crowdx. (We’ll Here are some of my thoughts going into the conversation and slides if you prefer engaging that way: Crowdsourcing for Social Change. You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link].

Community 207
article thumbnail

Recap: Community Organizing Tools from the Experts

NTEN

As we all know, the nonprofit tech community is loaded with smart and thoughtful organizers who give their time and efforts to help the rest of us do the good work we do. We recognize NTEN’s 501 Tech Clubs (local in-person groups) and Communities of Practice (CoPs) (online affinity groups) organizers are one clever and innovative bunch!

Jing 76
article thumbnail

eMetrics Panel Slides, Notes, and Blog Posts: ROI of Blogging, Twitter, and Digg for Nonprofits

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

E-Metrics: Followers, Friends, and Fans - Expanding Your Online Community View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. Followers, Friends, and Fans: Expanding Your Online Community If you aren't on facebook, twitter, friendfeed, technorati, and delicious, should you be? tags: blogging nptech ).

Digg 88