article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I’ve included my interview below, but you can also read it and join the conversation on the NetSquared blog. Q: What makes a community?

Community 179
article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. The Value-add of Crowdsourcing: For me, the two biggest reasons to include crowdsourcing in your strategic design of community building or contests are: Crowdsourcing invites diversity by encouraging anyone with an idea or interest to participate.

Community 207
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Supercharge Your Nonprofit Tech Powers with NetSquared

Tech Soup

But don't worry, NetSquared is here to save the day. TechSoup's NetSquared is a global network of nonprofit technology meetups. This roundup of face-to-face nonprofit tech events includes meetups from NetSquared , NTEN's Tech Clubs , and HandsOn Tech. Guayaquil, Ecuador: The Guayaquil NetSquared Monthly Meetup.

article thumbnail

Thank You Amy Sample Ward!

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

My friend and colleague Amy Sample Ward has done an amazing job of community stewardship for the Netsquared community over the years. Sadly, this is her last day for this job and she’s moving on. So, this post is an appreciation of her work, one of many voices in the community saying #ThanksAmy.

Sample 92
article thumbnail

Social Media and Community-Building Tips from Not For Sale's Sarah Potts

Tech Soup

Sarah Potts is the Community Manager at Not For Sale, and that is her challenge. She recently shared her social media and community-building wisdom at an event organized by the SF Tech4Good group and the San Francisco Online Community Meetup Group. Choose the Right Platform for Your Message. Measure, Adapt, Repeat.

article thumbnail

Net2 Think Tank Round-Up: Entry Points for Engagement

Amy Sample Ward

Originally posted on the NetSquared blog. How do you decide what kind of information or campaigns are delivered to your various community members on different social networks? When developing your online presence, remember that you’re developing a community first, and generating site traffic is a by-product of that community.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on April 8th

Amy Sample Ward

Connected Citizens: The Power, Peril, and Potential of Networks – This new report from the Knight Foundation and Monitor Institute explores engaged communities: "Ten years ago, a tiny web site asked people to volunteer to write their own encyclopedia. What does it mean for community change?"

Web 114