Remove Blogher Remove Community Remove Netsquared Remove Voice
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on April 3rd

Amy Sample Ward

Love & Devices | BlogHer - Susan Mernit has a wonderful piece on BlogHer about her "connection" (not addiction) to technology. N2Y4 Conference Volunteers | NetSquared, an initiative of TechSoupGlobal.org - Looking for a way to come to the N2Y4 Conference? Find me on Delicious for more! " It's a great read.

Blogher 100
article thumbnail

Women in Nonprofit Technology Who Rock: Adding to Fast Company's Most Influential Women in Technology List

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

The list included BlogHer founders Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins, and Lisa Stone. Susan Tenby is the community manager at TechSoup responsible for their Second Life efforts. Megan Keane blogs at TechSoup community site. is senior consultant for Common Knowledge and covers the sustainable food community.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Basic Blogging for Women-REVISED

Have Fun - Do Good

Rose Aguilar from Bay Area Business Woman interviewed me recently for an article entitled, "Women's Voices Boom in the Blogosphere." You want to start, or find a community of like-minded people. * You are looking for a new communication tool for your organization or business. New date and location to be announced soon!

article thumbnail

Women Who Tech Telesummit: Tools Galore Panel

Amy Sample Ward

We provide a supportive network for the vibrant and thriving community of women in technology professions by giving women an open platform to share their talents, experiences, and insights. Moderator: Amy Sample Ward, NetSquared. The new map galvanized the community because they were able to really understand the impact of the plan.

Tools 100
article thumbnail

Fair Trade Certified: An Interview with Paul Rice of TransFair USA

Have Fun - Do Good

And in those communities high school is a luxury, so the local school in the local community typically goes through sixth grade. Three hundred dollars a year is a huge barrier for kids in this community, and kids all over the developing world. So, this community got organized. It sounds pretty cheap to you and me.

article thumbnail

Cambodia Bloggers: Five Years Later – Part 2

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

This post is about the social media community in Cambodia. I started blogging in 2003 about nonprofits and social media and started second blog about Cambodia, “Cambodia for Kids” after the arrival of my daughter, Sara and discovering that there was a vibrant community of bloggers in Cambodia. I started blogging [.]

article thumbnail

Solutionary Women: Alli Chagi-Starr, Ilyse Hogue, Melinda Kramer and Reem Rahim

Have Fun - Do Good

A blog was really perfect for me, because first of all, it was a very casual voice -- it's not very formal. I want to thank Britt for putting the panel together and just for her work in inspiring women leaders, and getting our voices out there, and recognizing our work - and also to the organizers. So I decided to leave.

Podcast 40