article thumbnail

January Cause Awareness: National Mentoring Month

Qgiv

Positive mentoring relationships are so important to the success of youth everywhere. That’s why we take time every January to celebrate National Mentoring Month! If you’re wondering how you can celebrate the mentors in your life or even become a mentor yourself, here’s a little bit about National Mentoring Month.

article thumbnail

Be a Mentor, Thank a Mentor During National Mentoring Month

Saleforce Nonprofit

Each January, National Mentoring Month celebrates the people who guide our paths, support our journeys, inspire our next steps: mentors. One of my first mentors was a friend of my parents. One of my first mentors was a friend of my parents. January is National Mentoring Month. Will you be that person?

Mentoring 106
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

The sgENGAGE Podcast Episode 221: Why You Need a Mentor

sgEngage

Do you need a mentor? Do you know what kind of mentor you need, or what you’re looking to gain from a mentoring relationship? In today’s episode, Tiffany Crumpton, vice president of Renewals and Retention at Blackbaud and active member of Blackbaud’s senior women leaders community, joins the podcast to discuss mentorship.

article thumbnail

How to Engage Employees in National (Virtual) Volunteer Month

Saleforce Nonprofit

Each April, hundreds of thousands of companies and nonprofits celebrate National Volunteer Month in the United States — and millions more throughout the year celebrate across the world. When planning for National Volunteer Month, the team considers stakeholders, SDG focus, impact measurement and call to action. About the Authors.

article thumbnail

Client Spotlight: National Society of Black Engineers

Qgiv

The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) is a student-governed, nonprofit organization headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia with chapters at universities all over the world. and George Smith–also known as the “Chicago Six–contacted all 288 accredited engineering programs in the nation. Kirtley, John W. Programs and Impact.

article thumbnail

How Mentorship Can Break Down Racial Divides

Saleforce Nonprofit

It was updated for National Mentoring Month in January 2023. A Life-Changing Relationship I made a point to find mentors — other Black reporters and anchors I still call on for advice today. I had always been an informal mentor, but when I moved to Florida, I joined Big Brothers Big Sisters as a volunteer, a ‘Big Sister’.

article thumbnail

Elevating Latino Voices: How Nonprofits Can Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month

The Modern Nonprofit

Estimated Reading Time: 4 minutes Elevating Latino Voices: How Nonprofits Can Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month From the rhythmic cadence of salsa music to the inspiring tales of pioneers who’ve blazed trails in fields as diverse as literature, science, and politics, the Latino community has enriched the American mosaic in countless ways.