article thumbnail

Join the Fight for Fair Internet

NTEN

As individuals, we rely on internet access every day. And the global pandemic made access to high-speed, affordable internet even more vital for our jobs, education, and healthcare. don’t have access to internet service. Join us today in the fight for a fair internet! Our organizations do, too. But we need your help.

article thumbnail

5 Ways to Protect Your Nonprofit’s Data

Nonprofit Tech for Good

By Ryan Polk , a Policy Advisor at the Internet Society , where he is primarily focused on issues related to Internet trust. As nonprofit professionals, we understand the importance of protecting our organizational data and the privacy of those in our community. If a device or app has an auto-update feature, turn it on!

Data 242
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Online Communities Depend on Online Volunteers

NTEN

The Internet is a volunteer-rich environment on a global scale, and nowhere is this more evident than in its online communities. These online communities are mostly started by one or two highly motivated individuals and operate on the principle of exchange. community Community nptech nten Volunteers'

article thumbnail

Apply for the 2021 Digital Inclusion Fellowship

NTEN

Whether it was trying to attend classes, apply for government benefits, or practice religion, many people were excluded from fully participating in their communities. And even those who are comfortable navigating online find their internet connections taxed as multiple family members try to make simultaneous video calls.

Digital 130
article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I work in and support nonprofit organizations, and my focus on communities isn’t to suggest that organizations are “bad” or aren’t making a difference.

Community 179
article thumbnail

My Birthday Wish: Support My Fundraiser for NTEN

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

To celebrate, rather than eat cake, I’m fundraising for the Nonprofit Technology Enterprise Network (NTEN). In 1992, I had the honor of having a front row seat at the creation of a field – how nonprofits can use the Internet for mission driven work. Develop new programs and resources for NTEN’s growing community.

NTEN 50
article thumbnail

22 Must-Read Research Reports for the Nonprofit Sector

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Published by the Pew Internet & American Life Project. Published by Care2, NTEN, hjc, and the Resource Alliance. Published by M+R and NTEN. Published by Community Brands. Published by Nonprofit Marketing Guide. Social Media Use in 2018 :: Download. 2018 Fundraising Effectiveness Project :: Download.

Research 248