article thumbnail

Pathfinders for Autism Launches Bus Tour And Major Fundraising Campaign for Statewide Expansion

DipJar

PHOENIX, Md., For the last 21 years, we have been proud to serve the autism community in Maryland by linking families and individuals to needed services, education, and support at no cost to them,” says Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer BJ Surhoff. According to the CDC , Maryland has the fourth highest autism rate in the U.S.

article thumbnail

Twitter for Nonprofits in 2018: Rebirth or Retire?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

On the other hand, some say Twitter is ready for a renaissance , a phoenix rising from the ashes. While Twitter and other platforms can amplify the under belly of the world, they can also connect people with nonprofit organizations and spread social good, joy, and even fun. They kept going back and forth, and it went viral.

Twitter 141
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Ctrl+Alt+Delete: Rebooting Your Digital Community Building

NTEN

Jacobwith Flickr: jenny8lee When it comes to building community and increasing brand awareness, some organizations hire communications, marketing, and engagement staff to handle these activities. And that makes sense -- someone needs to be charged with keeping a close eye on the organization’s community growth. and on and on.

Digital 78
article thumbnail

Nonprofits Pitch for Big Awards

ASU Lodestar Center

Fast Pitch is a fun-filled evening where local nonprofits give three-minute pitches about their nonprofits. Organizations, selected for their entrepreneurial approach to creating social change and the ability to powerfully communicate their vision, will compete for cash awards.

Award 67
article thumbnail

Your #NPtech Community Calendar for July

Tech Soup

Have you ever thought about hosting nonprofit technology events in your community? You should, because it's awesome fun. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar, or apply today to start your own NetSquared group.

article thumbnail

"We Believe in Everyone’s Right to Choose Services that Most Interest Them"

ASU Lodestar Center

Members at AFH are encouraged to participate in a wide range of activities like cooking, art class or going out into the community. AFH has three locations: Maricopa, Casa Grande and Phoenix. My placement was at the Phoenix location, nicknamed “Perry.” I have made so many new friends and care for each of them.

Arizona 40
article thumbnail

5 Hybrid Event Ideas for Youth Organizations

Qgiv

Many kids love playing games, so an event like this is perfect for family-friendly fun that also raises funds for your youth development organization. Tournament attendees can join in the fun online or at the in-person event. Just make sure they have a way to communicate with event coordinators and other guests.

Ideas 52