article thumbnail

NetSquared: In the Beginning

Tech Soup

In the beginning, TechSoup’s Marnie Webb, Daniel Ben-Horin, and Billy Bicket created NetSquared to "remix the web for social change." To get going, they built the first NetSquared website using open-source Drupal. The NetSquared website was itself designed to be a model Web 2.0 " The year was 2005.

article thumbnail

How To: Create a Listening Dashboard for your Organization

Amy Sample Ward

Finding Feeds. Netvibes will let you track all kinds of things online, all by using RSS feeds or ready-built widgets. Here are some example searches using NetSquared as the organization. As far as the email vs feed option - we are using Netvibes so you can cut down on email! Simply visit [link] to get started.

Create 234
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Trending Sources

article thumbnail

Community-Driven Social Impact: Presentation, Case Studies, and Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

I had a really wonderful time, and the Community-Driven Social Impact session was terrific! Let’s start at the beginning: what is “community-driven social impact” anyway? CDSI is not something that you thought up inside your organization, even if you thought it up with your community in mind or at heart. Presentation.

article thumbnail

Netsquared Project: The Step Before Community

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Netsquared is new project in its embryonic stages from Compumentor, the folks who have brought excellent technology resources to the nonprofit field. is an invitation into the marvelous, messy world of the Internet as a participatory, interactive community: a community created by its users. What is it? This site, and the Net??

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on June 17th

Amy Sample Ward

To follow more of the things I find online, you can follow @amysampleward on Twitter (which is just a blog and resource feed), or find me on Delicious (for all kinds of bookmarks). NetSquared Local Reaches 70 Groups Worldwide! " The trend is up 12.1%!

Web 105
article thumbnail

Interview with Rob Wu & Public Launch of CauseVox

Amy Sample Ward

I’ve been following the work of Rob and his team closely as they have shown not just interest, but passion and intent for engaging with the community at large to create a tool that meets the needs of nonprofit organizations and keeps us involved in making the tool better and better. It works similarly to your Facebook feed.

Interview 213
article thumbnail

Exciting Times for Social Actions

Amy Sample Ward

I have followed the development of Social Actions over the last few years and really believe in the work that Peter, Christine and the community have done to shape a collaborative, open tool that benefits so many people and organizations in all kinds of ways. See the comment thread here and add your thoughts!

Action 120