article thumbnail

The 5 Rules of Successful Annual Appeal Fundraising Letters

The Fundraising Authority

The reason for this is that it gives the charity a good reason for contacting donors for general operating funds as opposed to asking for designated dollars, and it is a great opportunity to cast a wide net through an easily scalable medium (direct mail). Write professional drafts with A.I. Start using Fundwriter.ai for free. #1

Mail 321
article thumbnail

Direct Mail Donor Acquisition: 10 Tips for Excellent Campaigns

Neon CRM

Direct mail is too often associated with the past. Some assume direct mail is ineffective today and that younger audiences don’t want to receive it. But direct mail isn’t dead —the personal touch, visibility, and open rate that comes with direct mail have made it significant in the digital age. Here’s why!

Mail 52
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Reasons to Invest in Nonprofit Database Software

DNL OmniMedia

Guest post blog submitted by: GivingMail, a leading provider of direct mail solutions. Juggling all of these tasks is where nonprofit database software comes in. Before investing in a nonprofit database, take a moment to understand why and how it can benefit your nonprofit. It can help make data-driven decisions.

article thumbnail

Doing Your Appeal In-house? 5 Tips to Save Time & Money

Get Fully Funded

Should you print, stuff, and mail your own fundraising letter? If you have fewer than 200 mail recipients, the answer is probably yes. When you get more than 200 donors, you may be eligible to mail at nonprofit postage rates as low as 19 cents per piece (as of July 2023). No labels needed!

Money 98
article thumbnail

5 Reports Every Bloomerang User Should Run To Get To Know Their Donors Better

Bloomerang

You have a donor database ! Now, who exactly are all of these people in your database? I like to think that the same rule applies to our databases – let’s pull our supporters into organized lists so we can see them and appreciate them! Out of all of the constituents in your database, how many of them have given a gift?

Report 85
article thumbnail

How Many Donor Databases Are There?

Robert Weiner

I thought it might be useful to compile a list of all of the commercial donor databases I’m aware of. This list came from my head, my bookmarks, and lists compiled by NTEN and Idealware for their donor management software surveys (and I’m not certain all of these are actually donor databases). Community Enterprise.

Database 100
article thumbnail

The Top 8 Ways to Increase Your Prospect List

The Fundraising Authority

Put your list on paper, or into a spreadsheet, or on a donor database system , and it will grow much, much faster. Ask Your Donors When was the last time you called your donors (or met them, or e-mailed them) to thank them for their support, and asked them who else you should be calling? They never write them down.

Google 321