article thumbnail

An Evolution of Evaluation in Grantmaking With a Participatory Lens

sgEngage

The data collected is usually owned by the grantmaker, not questioned, and not shared back with the grantee or any larger community. For issues with this, check out Vu Le’s 2015 post “ Weaponized data: How the obsession with data has been hurting marginalized communities.” Consider: Who defines objectives and “success”?

article thumbnail

Three Reasons Why Nonprofits Should Diversify Their Brand Online

Nonprofit Tech for Good

In the weeks after Google+ launched I saw a number of blog posts and articles about how brands should drop Facebook and Twitter, and migrate their communities over to Google+. Many low-income communities access the Mobile Web more frequently than the desktop Web. Gen X is big on blogging, e-mail, and social networking.

Online 193
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Three Reasons Why Nonprofits Should Diversify Their Brand Online

Nonprofit Tech for Good

In the weeks after Google+ launched I saw a number of blog posts and articles about how brands should drop Facebook and Twitter, and migrate their communities over to Google+. Many low-income communities access the Mobile Web more frequently than the desktop Web. Gen X is big on blogging, e-mail, and social networking.

Online 193
article thumbnail

Zena Weist: Twitterpack = Community Sourcing

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Zena Weist is wondering about whether Chris Brogan's Twitter Pack Project can be defined as community sourcing which distinctly different than crowd sourcing. Here's what Zena is asking: Define community sourcing. with me.help me expand on this post and live the definition along the way.

article thumbnail

22 Fun, Useful, and Totally Random Resources for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

A search engine that “knows millions of things&# about people, places, and history, Qwiki takes the information from your Wikipedia Page and converts it into a more visual format complete with audio, video, digital photography, and the ability to “Improve This Qwiki.&# What The Trend :: whatthetrend.com.

Fun 243
article thumbnail

33 Fun, Useful, and Totally Random Resources for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

A search engine that “knows millions of things&# about people, places, and history, Qwiki takes the information from your Wikipedia Page and converts it into a more visual format complete with audio, video, digital photography, and the ability to “Improve This Qwiki.&# Viddy :: viddy.com. What The Trend :: whatthetrend.com.

Fun 278
article thumbnail

What’s Missing from Your Ecosystem?

NetWits

Wikipedia gives you a fairly verbose definition , the dictionary gives a similar, but less wordy definition that I think is simpler to grasp. “An An [ecological] community together with its environment,functioning as a unit.”. Community ecosystem. Community ecosystem. What’s an Ecosystem? Walk ecosystem.

San Diego 100