Remove 2011 Remove Community Remove Develop Remove Map
article thumbnail

Technology & Community: Strategic Options for Building Movements

Amy Sample Ward

This morning, I had the huge honor of presenting the keynote at the 2011 MyCharityConnects Conference in Toronto, ON. Technology and Community: Strategic Options for Movement Building. How many people hear that word and think it is just as generic as the word community? The full keynote and presentation are below. Or engagement?

Build 220
article thumbnail

Upcoming Webinar March 29: Mapping Philanthropy - Data Visualization for Good

Tech Soup

The first of these free webinars, Mapping Philanthropy: How You Can Use Data Visualization to Do Good , will be held on Thursday, March 29 at 11 a.m. As product manager for online subscription services including Foundation Directory Online, he is responsible for day-to-day oversight and the development of new product enhancements.

Map 50
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Community-Driven Social Impact: Presentation, Case Studies, and Workshop

Amy Sample Ward

Last week was the 2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference and not only did I have the pleasure of presenting a couple sessions, it was also my first NTC as a staffer, as I joined NTEN earlier this month. I had a really wonderful time, and the Community-Driven Social Impact session was terrific! Presentation.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on July 18th

Amy Sample Ward

Mapping Trends in Philanthropy « NathanielJames.org – "Philanthropy is changing, and I want to contribute to creating the best of all possible worlds for the social sector. Today, I’m launching a series on Mapping Trends in Philanthropy, to share what I am learning and invite a conversation with leaders in the field.

Web 123
article thumbnail

Vote for the sessions you want at 11NTC

Amy Sample Ward

That’s right, the session selection process is open for the 2011 Nonprofit Technology Conference ! Building a Community Across Platforms. Most commonly, communities form around an issue, a cause, or even a campaign on many different types of social media, and stretch across platforms. Community Driven Social Impact.

Proposal 134
article thumbnail

ASU Lodestar Center Blog: Creating, Building, and Sustaining.

ASU Lodestar Center

ASU Home ASU A-Z Index My ASU Colleges & Schools Directory Map About Blog Academics Organizational Assistance Emerging Leaders Professional Development Philanthropy Research News & Events You are here: Home → Blog Pages Blog Home Write for us! Nonprofit professionals use the word "community" a lot.

Build 84
article thumbnail

Games for Change 2011: Channeling Our Collective Power

Tech Soup

Whether or not you you play games, you can’t ignore the gaming community’s far reach these days. Newell said that they’ll be building curricula around Portal 2 by developing custom tools that allow students to create content to match educational programs. An epic win for the gaming industry?

Game 62