article thumbnail

ROI (Results on Insights) of Online Communities

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Flickr Photo by Cursed Thing Last year at this time, I was in Austin, TX doing a keynote workshop for Legal Services Corporation on the ROI of Nonprofit Technology. I still think these are components are essential and should be applied to looking at the ROI (Results on Insight) for nonprofits and social media.

ROI 66
article thumbnail

11 Obvious Signs Your Nonprofit Needs Social Media Training

Nonprofit Tech for Good

There’s always room for improvement and unfortunately overconfidence in social media skills prevent many nonprofit staff from getting training that could significantly increase their social media ROI (Return on Investment). If all your tweets are marketing or fundraising focused, then your are hampering your ROI. Google, etc.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Many Hours Per Week Should Your Nonprofit Invest in Social Media?

Nonprofit Tech for Good

The estimates below allow for the time required to research and create content for your social media campaigns, the actual time spent engaging and participating in your nonprofit’s online communities, and the time necessary to monitor and report ROI. LinkedIn is a powerhouse in ROI. LinkedIn: 5 Hours Weekly.

article thumbnail

Five Ways Nonprofits Can Use Social Media to Build Their e-Newsletter List

Nonprofit Tech for Good

However, one thing that is certain is that the ROI (Return on Investment) from e-newsletters is still relatively high compared to other Web-based channels. For me, that ROI translates into webinar attendees and speaking engagements. Consequently, so has my ROI. Twitter has taught me a valuable lesson about social media ROI.

article thumbnail

Five Must-Have Skills for Nonprofit Social Media Managers

Nonprofit Tech for Good

They are simply tools that can result in high ROI for your nonprofit, but only if the person sharing Status Updates, Twittering, and Checking-in on behalf of your nonprofit has the right skills, experience and training to make social media produce results. Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare are not miracle-producers. 2) Is mobile.

article thumbnail

11 Blog Content Ideas for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

It was much more traffic than I would have ever thought possible, but thanks to the burgeoning “Nonprofit Organizations” communities that I had built on Facebook, Twitter and Myspace, launching a blog was much easier in 2009 than it was when I tried and failed in 2004. Share Stories, Photos, and Videos from Events.

Content 253
article thumbnail

E-Metrics Presentation: How ROI Thinking Can Help Expand Your Blog Community

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Photo by Smitty42. Followers, Friends, and Fans: Expanding Your Online Community If you aren't on facebook, twitter, friendfeed, technorati, and delicious, should you be? E-Metrics: Followers, Friends, and Fans - Expanding Your Online Community View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. tags: blogging nptech ).

Metrics 56