Remove Arts Remove Community Remove Develop Remove Teen
article thumbnail

Deena Pierott to Offer Keynote on Inclusive Technology at #14LCS

NTEN

Today we’re excited to share that Deena Pierott , founder of the White House honored youth program called iUrban Teen Tech , will offer a keynote called Moving from Diversity to Inclusion: Changing landscapes of nonprofit technology. Change Management Deena Pierott iUrban Teen lcs Leadership leading change summit'

Teen 97
article thumbnail

Introducing Abbott Square Part 3: Community Participation Builds a Community Plaza

Museum 2.0

This is the second installation in a series of posts on the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History (MAH)'s development of Abbott Square , a new creative community plaza in downtown Santa Cruz. How will it feel welcoming and inclusive for different communities? Every step involved community participation.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Teenagers, Space-Makers, and Scaling Up to Change the World

Museum 2.0

This week, my colleague Emily Hope Dobkin has a beautiful guest post on the Incluseum blog about the Subjects to Change teen program that Emily runs at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History. Subjects to Change is an unusual museum program in that it explicitly focuses on empowering teens as community leaders.

Teen 45
article thumbnail

The Art of Relevance Sneak Peek: Part Ex-Con, Part Farmer, Part Queen

Museum 2.0

For the last time this summer, I'm sharing a chapter from my new book The Art of Relevance to celebrate its release. FoodWhat's staff and teens have taught me a lot about what it really means to be relevant to people who are often overlooked or ignored. FoodWhat empowers teens to change their lives through farming and food justice.

Teen 25
article thumbnail

5 Hybrid Event Ideas for Youth Organizations

Qgiv

That’s why the longevity of youth development organizations is so important! As a fundraiser for a youth development organization, you’re likely aware of how hard it is for kids to contain their energy. Likewise, you can host your organization’s own version of a TED talk and entertain questions from parents and community members.

Ideas 52
article thumbnail

Get to Know the Lodestar Center: Anne Kotleba

ASU Lodestar Center

Anne Kotleba Lecturer/ Program Coordinator, Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Anne Kotleba is our newest staff member, joining us as a lecturer in the School of Community Resources & Development and coordinator of the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance and the Certified Nonprofit Professional Credential.

article thumbnail

Does Your Institution Really Need to Be Hip? Audience Development Reconsidered

Museum 2.0

We created Race Through Time in partnership with a local networking group called Santa Cruz Next , whose primary aim is to support and celebrate ways that young professionals can and are changing our community for the better. I've written before about the " parallel vs. pipeline " approach to new audience development.