article thumbnail

Three Things That Happen When Facebook Pages Reach 10,000 Fans

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Social networking communities are migrant communities, but that’s another blog post. Those that read my blog regularly know I am annoyed with Community Pages , but Facebook redeemed itself a bit for me by authenticating the Page. This was a Facebook litmus test for me. and in the News Feed of your Fans.

Facebook 207
article thumbnail

Part Two: Offline-to-Online-to-Offline: Lessons Learned in Building a Custom Community Platform

Care2

Earlier this week on Frogloop we discussed how four grassroots campaigns (1Sky, Clean Energy Works, the Energy Action Coalition and Focus the Nation) tried to build the Climate Network an unprecedented online community platform. How will you engage your local communities and supporters? What goals are you trying to achieve?

Offline 46
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

How Nonprofit New Media Managers Can Manage Mobile and Social Media Burnout

Nonprofit Tech for Good

The mental energy required to actively engage multiple communities simultaneously is exhausting. The first sign of burnout is when managing communities feels overwhelming and monotonous. An online community does not perish because of lack of activity for a week or two. Be sure to stretch and walk throughout your day.

article thumbnail

Can Online Campaigners Fight Online Harassment?

Care2

We at Rad Campaign along with Lincoln Park Strategies and Craig Newmark of craigconnects recently conducted a national online poll about the rise of online harassment. ” This is also where the mob mentality comes in, which is more easily formed online than offline. So how do we create safer campaign spaces online?

Online 70
article thumbnail

Nonprofit Donor Engagement Strategies: Breaking Through the Noise

Neon CRM

Having solid donor engagement strategies in place is important for any nonprofit that wants to inspire generosity in their community and build a base of lifelong supporters. Sharing conversation starters, polls, or even quizzes on social media can inspire lots of engagement. Encouraging conversations.

Donor 98
article thumbnail

Event Management Software for Nonprofits: Top Tools for 2024

Qgiv

What we love about Fun Team Events Fun Team Events helps build communities by strengthening relationships through interactive virtual activities. The app fosters a sense of community engagement and wellness, connecting users globally in a shared mission to support charitable organizations through their everyday activities.

article thumbnail

10 Tips for Selling (More) Fundraiser Tickets

Neon CRM

Use Old School Marketing Channels to Stand Out This is the flip side of focusing all your event marketing efforts on digital channels: If you can break through with people in an offline setting, your message will really stand apart. And in order to do that, you’re going to have to go old school.

Tips 52