article thumbnail

5 Ways to Protect Your Nonprofit’s Data

Nonprofit Tech for Good

By Ryan Polk , a Policy Advisor at the Internet Society , where he is primarily focused on issues related to Internet trust. As nonprofit professionals, we understand the importance of protecting our organizational data and the privacy of those in our community. If a device or app has an auto-update feature, turn it on!

Data 248
article thumbnail

It Takes A Village: Joining and Participating in the WordPress Community

Byte Technology

For anyone who designs, owns, manages or administers a WordPress site, the importance of the “community” that surrounds the wildly popular content management system cannot be understated. That said, the one-person-show introverts out there might find it a little daunting to just dive into the online community and start making friends.

WordPress 100
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

4 Ways Nonprofits Can Make the Most of WordPress

Qgiv

WordPress is the most popular website builder on the internet, and for good reason. Research and add plugins. Use WordPress’s extensive community to find resources. Research and add WordPress plugins. If your WordPress theme is a house, a plugin is the fancy new flat-screen TV or a new washing machine.

article thumbnail

5 Web Design Ideas to Boost Your Fundraising Strategy

DipJar

Invest in plugins. . By following web accessibility guidelines, you’ll open up your nonprofit to all visitors, including those using assistive technology like screen readers, those with color blindness and other visual impairments, and even visitors with slow internet connections. . Invest in plugins. Use engaging images. .

Design 98
article thumbnail

The Starting Line: Great Tips for Beginning a WordPress Blog

Byte Technology

And although that number includes a lot of fly-by-nights sites and those who don’t have staying power, blogging—especially via a WordPress site, an innovator and leader in the technology—is still a force to be reckoned with on the Internet. Utilizing WordPress plugins and widgets, be sure to plant social share buttons on your pages.

WordPress 100
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on March 2nd

Amy Sample Ward

CTK Foundation Grant Award: Social Media, Technology, and Poetry for the Soul | Community Organizer 2.0 – "I was contacted by my colleague John Haydon last week to write about an interesting foundation grant challenge by the CTK Foundation. " Pew: Open government is tied to higher levels of community satisfaction | Gov 2.0:

Web 123
article thumbnail

Google+ Best Practices for Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Add links to your website, blog, and social networking communities to your Google Profile. I personally take issue with that, not because I am taking sides in a Google+ Vs. Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn war, but because I think it’s dangerous to give one company that much control over nonprofits, and the Internet in general.

Google 267