article thumbnail

The NTEN Community is Everyone's Community

NTEN

Flickr: vernhart Like many folks in our community, I do not come from a tech background. We are part of this community because we use technology in our work in some capacity, however small, and because we value drawing upon the knowledge and experiences of others. Community mam Member Appreciation Month nptech'

NTEN 77
article thumbnail

NpTech Summary: Slow Wifi and Flickr Massage Edition

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I'm working remotely on an unreliable and slow wifi connection and Flickr has been getting a massage (down for maintenance) for most of the afternoon. As a result, I'm publishing a briefer than usual edition of the NpTech Tag Summary because I can only get to fast loading blogs and web sites. in the NpTech Tag stream.

Summary 50
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

NTEN Blog: NpTech Tagging Community by Marnie Webb and Beth Kanter

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

My NpTech Tagging Community Presentation Slides and Notes in Flickr. I had the opportunity to collaborate with Marnie Webb on an article about the NpTech Tagging Community over at the NTEN Blog. You can read it here.

Nptech 50
article thumbnail

Ctrl+Alt+Delete: Rebooting Your Digital Community Building

NTEN

Jacobwith Flickr: jenny8lee When it comes to building community and increasing brand awareness, some organizations hire communications, marketing, and engagement staff to handle these activities. And that makes sense -- someone needs to be charged with keeping a close eye on the organization’s community growth.

Digital 78
article thumbnail

Strengthen Your Community with a Knowledge Sharing Network

NTEN

Maybe you’ve also taken the next step of strengthening your stakeholder community by engaging in back and forth dialog online – whether in existing social spaces like blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, or in a custom built online community. Are you ready to take your community to the next level of maturity?

article thumbnail

The NPTech Response to Japan

NTEN

Flickr photo: Logan was his name-o It's been just a few hours since one of the largest recorded earthquakes and subsequent tsunami hit off the coast of Japan. The photos and video coming out of the region are awe inspiring and scary. Our hearts go out to the people of Japan. Data emerged as the most important asset to any disaster response.

Japan 64
article thumbnail

April NetSquared Events in Your Community

Tech Soup

NetSquared’s global network of volunteers will be organizing more than 30 events this April in communities as diverse as Mukono, Uganda; Wellington, New Zealand; and Boston, USA. That’s what happens when you gather the #nptech tribe together! Photo Credit: NetSquared/Joyce, creative commons on Flickr. See you soon!