Remove Accessibility Remove Community Remove Homeless Remove Internet
article thumbnail

Community Technology Alliance: Helping Address Homelessness with Mobile Technology

Tech Soup

When we hear about nonprofits like Community Technology Alliance (CTA), we get really excited. This San Jose, CA-based organization provides technology and services to agencies that work directly with the homeless in their community. The biggest obstacle for data access, however, is affordability. What CTA Uncovered.

article thumbnail

Report on Community Internet Space for People who are Homeless released ? Open Access Connections

AFP Blog

Report on Community Internet Space for People who are Homeless released  Open Access Connections : "Report on Community Internet Space for People who are Homeless released “I speak to many homeless individuals, being one myself.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Mobile for Good: Fire Phone, Locking Down Data, and Services for the Homeless

Tech Soup

I'll also update you on the "kill switch" initiatives as well as a nonprofit that's using mobile services to alleviate homelessness. Amazon Fire Phone and the Internet of Things. The Fire Phone is a perfect representation of "The Internet of Things," a concept my colleague Jim Lynch has written about.

article thumbnail

Technology & Community: Strategic Options for Building Movements

Amy Sample Ward

Technology and Community: Strategic Options for Movement Building. How many people hear that word and think it is just as generic as the word community? To that end, siloed brands are replaced by unifying goals that rally more than select individuals but entire communities. The full keynote and presentation are below.

Build 220
article thumbnail

Announcing Our Second Impact Labs Cohort on Zero Hunger: Supporting Small-Scale Farmers Globally

Saleforce Nonprofit

Impact Labs convenes community experts, or fellows, across sectors to co-create new technology solutions to support specific issue areas, including homelessness , equity in education , and climate justice. Internet use has reached 45% of the total population in LMIC, with 5.1 Thankfully, this is changing.

Hunger 52
article thumbnail

25 Global Trends in Giving That Nonprofits Need to Know About

Nonprofit Tech for Good

6,057 donors completed the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Survey and based on their responses, the donor community worldwide is made up of primarily women (65%) who have a liberal ideology (53%) , characterize themselves as religious (72%), and give between ($101-$1,000 USD) annually (43%). 5) Messaging apps have very little impact on donors.

article thumbnail

How Nonprofits Can Raise Money Using YouTube

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Pew Internet reported that over half of YouTube users say that the platform is at least “somewhat important for helping them understand things that are happening in the world.”. Community fundraisers. Campaign matching will display matching pledges from brands or other creators directly inside the Fundraiser or Community Fundraiser.

YouTube 257