article thumbnail

Healthcare Ad Awards Winners Announced

Forum One

City Health Dashboard Gold – Apps and Interactive The City Health Dashboard’s goal is to improve the health and well-being of people in communities throughout the United States. To do this, the dashboard provides city leaders and communities with an array of regularly updated data that is specific to neighborhood and/or city boundaries.

Award 71
article thumbnail

Two Tax Policies Affecting Foundations and Nonprofits in 2020

Connection Cafe

You may think this is an odd beginning for a public policy blog, so please bear with me. And yes, public policy at the local, state, and federal levels can and will impact your ability to achieve your organization’s mission and day-to-day activities. Taking stock allows us to set new priorities and forge new paths.

Policy 35
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Social Enterprise Summit's Policy Track

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

One of the highlights of last week's Social Enterprise Alliance's Summit was the Launch of the Policy Track. A lot of cool things happened in the policy track (even I spoke), but I think the interesting thing was Carlos' comments. According to Carlos, the Office is part of the domestic policy team inside the White House.

Policy 104
article thumbnail

Forum One Wins 7 Davey Awards!

Forum One

GOLD – Community Website. The Livability Index scores neighborhoods and communities across the U.S. This is a ground-breaking web-based tool built using JavaScript technologies that presents the clearest picture yet of how well a community meets the current and future needs of people of all ages, incomes, ethnicities, and abilities.

Award 77
article thumbnail

Force Multiplier Podcast Episode 1: Addressing Hidden Hunger in our Communities

Saleforce Nonprofit

The pandemic spotlighted the inequalities of food allocation systems that weren’t distributing healthy, fresh, nutritious food to underserved communities. We know that technology can play an essential role in reimagining a new system that benefits families and communities alike. But technology alone isn’t the answer.

Hunger 59
article thumbnail

How AWS and Salesforce.org Help Nonprofits and Education Institutions Improve Data Management

Saleforce Nonprofit

It represents people who are making measurable differences in communities and those whose lives are being changed. . As our customers are doing some of the most important work in the world to serve their communities, they need reliable and secure technology to protect their data and privacy. The Urban Institute is a Washington, D.C.-based,

Education 116
article thumbnail

Mr. Jim Goes to Washington (Again)

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

As part of the large national award we received from the Department of Education, we are spending a lot more time in Washington. But, like many social entrepreneurs, I'm beginning to figure out that being absent from the halls of policy is not serving our mission. This is our current objective.