article thumbnail

January 2022 equity update to the community

NTEN

This evaluation process involves all three equity committees, including board, community, and staff. This year, implementing the new concurrent and holistic committee application process resulted in a more accessible and streamlined experience with more community members on NTEN committees than ever before. 2022 focus. 2022 focus.

article thumbnail

6 tips to create a volunteer group and successfully launch DEI initiatives

Nimble AMS

However, it’s crucial for leaders to embrace DEI principles and empower the staff and members in their association, especially as 71% of association professionals seek to develop and improve DEI efforts, according to the Community Brands Association Trends Study. . Connect your DEI community.

Group 130
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Crowdsourcing: Community vs Crowd

Amy Sample Ward

Here are some of my thoughts going into the conversation and slides if you prefer engaging that way: Crowdsourcing for Social Change. You can see the full collection, and how they were voted on by the community here: [link]. If not, you can follow the conversation in real time on Twitter with the hashtag #crowdx. (We’ll

Community 207
article thumbnail

Does Your Organizational Already Have a Policy for Professional Conduct?

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

My YMCA colleague posed for this photo on purpose to illustrate a point about professional conduct and social media policies. Since I had a lot of educators and people who run summer camps and other programs, a policy question came up. Certainly,this can be easily referred to in a social media policy.

Policy 95
article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 24th

Amy Sample Ward

How to Prepare Your Community for a Major Change « The Community Manager – "Change: it’s the one constant in life. Whether you’re introducing a change in ownership, new staff, policy change, technical update, or something else, community members sometimes resist change. Be passionate.

Web 137
article thumbnail

Multiple Platform Social Media Strategies: Recap from #StateandMain14

NTEN

Last week I got to attend the National Alliance for Media and Culture (NAMAC) and Alliance for Community Media (ACM) ''s first-ever joint National Conference: State and Main 2014 ( #StateMain14 ) in Philadelphia, PA. Community engagement. Mobile Commons : a platform that helps nonprofits reach their communities through text message.

article thumbnail

A Simple 6 Step Plan for Creating a Facebook Page that Works

NetWits

Here’s a few ways you could go about communicating these things …. Give parents an idea of the community they’ll be joining. Most schools (and nonprofits) have a long history of helping the community through impacting the people they serve. Launch of new programs, colleges/schools, community work, etc. Show off landmarks.

Facebook 274